Saturday 14 June 2014

Chapter 2.06 Splash

Alyssa was really looking forward to her date.



Luckily, she had enough time to get changed out of her formal clothes and sort her hair out so it was back to how she usually had it. Even though she was looking forward to this date, she was nervous too. It was the first date she's been on since Matteo in France.


She exhaled, running her fingers through her hair. She didn't understand why she was so nervous. Alyssa had spoken to Damon countless times and she was comfortable around him, it was just now that it had the name of 'date'. She was almost thankful that they couldn't go out to the restaurant, she had no clue how nervous she would be there. When there was a knock on the door, she swiftly went downstairs to answer it.


They hugged when he came inside, and it seemed as if all her nerves just faded away. This was the exact same guy that she had been talking to all this time, and she shouldn't be nervous. Hell, the idea of being nervous was ridiculous to start with.
"I'm glad you could come over." She smiled, as she began to pull away.


"As am I." He gave her a small grin, before asking "So, where is the little date ruiner?" He joked lightly, smiling.
"Belle's upstairs, feeling a little bit sorry for herself. I think she should be fine, but she's just got a high temperature. I didn't want to leave her with a babysitter when she wasn't all too well." She explained.
"It probably is just nothing. I remember one time when my daughter, Tawni, had an ear infection when she was a toddler. Her mother was so worried over what turned out to be something really small." He couldn't help but laugh a little. Alyssa offered a simple half smile, partly knowing that she would've too gotten really worried.


"So, anyway before we have my attempt at mac and cheese, I kinda promised Belle that she could have a bath." Alyssa smiled a little sheepishly.
"Belle likes baths?" Damon seemed fairly surprised.
"I think she more prefers throwing half of the water out of the tub and splashing me, but she absolutely loves them." She laughed a little.


Alyssa wasn't overreacting when she said that Belle prefered splashing over actually taking a bath. Belle threw her arms up in the air, flicking water drops onto Alyssa, prepared to splash again.
Sighing, she asked "Can you please stop for a minute to let me wash you?" But her wish went ignored as Belle just splashed again. As she raised up her arms again, Alyssa managed to get ahold of one of her arms before she could.


Belle was very unimpressed knowing that Alyssa had won that one.
Damon however, was trying to bite back a grin, "Has she always been like that?"
Alyssa sighed, laughing a little. "You don't know the half of it. On her birthday, I left her for ten minutes at the most, and she had managed to find and play a little on my mom's old keyboard." She shook her head. "I don't even know how she managed to get up on the stool."
He grinned "Anything's possible for a trouble maker."
Alyssa pulled away from the bath after she had washed Belle, and she just let her play for a while.


The two of them spoke for a while, while Belle was more interested in the way the water moved when she pushed it.
Damon hesitated a little bit, before he asked, "So, has Belle's dad never been around?" Of course he knew it was a bad subject, and it wasn't like he was the best person to judge, but he didn't fully understand what had happened. He hadn't asked before now, mostly because it wasn't one of those things you could talk to someone about impersonally.


Alyssa looked down at the conversation detour, and murmured. "Belle's dad lives all the was in France. I tried calling him to tell him about her, but he just never spoke to me about it, or even phoned me since then." She sighed slightly, and right now she felt stupid about what she did. She wouldn't swap the life she has now for anything, but she half wished that she could have been at least a little bit older, and a little more grown up before it happened. "I just took it as he didn't want anything to do with me or Belle."
Damon frowned, starting to feel bad about bringing up the subject. "I'm sorry for bringing it up Alyssa." He apologized.
She smiled ever so slightly at him, "I'm not. We have to talk about our exes at some point or another, right? Which means, you owe me the story of what happened between you and  your ex." She told him, and couldn't help but smirk a little. "It's only fair."


He sighed slightly, before starting to talk. "Me and my ex were together when we were teenagers. We had Tawni when we were really young, and things just fell apart." He shrugged. "There's not all too much to really say, other than that."
Alyssa was about to say something, but before she could, she felt a lot of water hit the side of her which was closest to the bath. She turned, and saw a grinning Belle who simply said "'Plash momma!"
Damon grinned, his eyes going from Alyssa to Belle and back again, "I think someone needs a taste of her own medicine." He chuckled.


He went to the side of the bath, and very gently splashed Belle back. She squealed and giggled, splashing him back. Before all too long, the two of them were having a splashing war. Alyssa couldn't help but smile at the two of them as she rested against the edge of the bath. At least Belle approved of him.


She partly glanced over at him, and realized she had quite a few things to think over... She couldn't help but fall into a little bit of a daydream while she thought about her future, and whether or not there was even a possibility of Damon being in it.
She quickly snapped out of it though, chiding to herself that it was only their first proper date. She shouldn't be thinking so far ahead of herself.


After bath time, and after Belle was put to bed, Alyssa tried her best at cooking.
"I know its nothing fancy, but I'm honestly proud I didn't burn the house down." Alyssa joked. Despite being good at science, she was worse than useless at cooking, even though cooking and baking were just a simpler version of chemistry with ingredients instead of chemicals.
"I can hardly tell the difference between this and the food they have at the Bistro." He tried, trying to make her feel a little bit better over her cooking.
"I think the difference is pretty obvious, like theirs doesn't have burned bits in it." She smiled sheepishly, knowing that it would probably be best to practice her cooking.


"Your cooking really isn't that bad." He half smiled at her, "Maybe I could teach you a few things?" He suggested.
"I think I need to learn a bit more than just a few things." She acknowledged. "I mostly messed around in cooking classes." She grinned. "Flour went everywhere."
"And now I bet you're half regretting not paying attention?" He raised an eyebrow, smiling back. "You could take a cooking class? But I think I'd have to go along with you, to make sure you don't mess around this time." He grinned, idly resting his hand on the table.
"I'll never regret it." She grinned. "But, I think I might pass on taking a cooking class. Maybe the next time you come over, you can just teach me?" She suggested, grinning. Her hand went over his.


They spent quite a lot of the night just getting to know each other better. She told him a little more about herself, like how she did have a career in science (although, she hasn't had all too much time to actually work because of Belle's surprise arrival) and she learned that he mainly invented little things to sell at the consignment store while trying to find a job.


"I really enjoyed tonight." She told him, smiling at him. She was almost a little sad that tonight was over, however she was thankful that it went alright. "I think Belle liked you too." Her smile turned into a grin.
"I'm happy she likes me." He replied, taking her hands. His eyes went behind her, to where there seemed to be a colony of gnomes on her front garden. "Are they the gnomes you told me about."
She simply grinned, answering his question for him.


At their kiss goodnight, Alyssa couldn't help but feel at least a twinge of sadness. Part of her didn't want him to go, and that part soon turned into all of her. She still hated how empty the house felt, even with Belle around it was still quiet. Would it really be so bad of her to just want one night where she didn't feel as alone?


"You know, you don't have to go if you don't want to..." She suggested, a sly smile coming across her features. "You can stay over, it is fairly late." She shrugged slightly.
"Uh, sure I'll stay." He half smiled at her. "You said there's a few spare bedrooms, right?" He asked, not wanting to be too forward if that wasn't the path she was taking.
She gave him a look, grinning a little, still sly. "I was more thinking of my room." She raised an eyebrow slightly. "An adult style sleep over." She laughed a little, and they went back inside and up to her bedroom.


Alyssa's mind couldn't help but wander, and she knew that some people would classify it as moving fairly quickly, and some might say it was stupid, but she was still young. She was still young enough to make her own mistakes, but she knew that whatever happened between her and Damon was far from any mistake.

Chapter 2.05 Dolled Up                                                
______________________________

AN: I don't know why this took me forever to write. Actually I kinda do. It's because I'm bad at writing date-ish stuff, and this chapter was annoyingly difficult for me to write. But I dids it! I doubt the next chapter will take me about 2 weeks to complete.

I feel as if Alyssa is flitting from boy to boy, but there is a reason behind it, it's mostly to do with the rolls. My master plan will all be revealed at one point or another.

14 comments:

  1. Damon seems sweet, why does it make me suspicious? No guy can be that nice, can they? Is he going to steal the gnomes?

    I get why she doesn't want him to leave though. He's cute. But does he have a typical IF eyecolour? I can't see properly, as I'm using the phone atm.

    The poses are great btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can guarantee that he won't steal the gnomes. Over my dead body will someone steal the gnomes. I worked hard to get some of those!

      He has glow-y eyes because he's a werewolf. They're supposedly green, but I prefer them glowy :3

      The ones with weird elbows are mine. I still don't know how to sort those damn things out.

      Delete
  2. Well, she is moving fast, it just might turn out to be stupid (only time will tell on that one), but she is young, lol He seems nice enough, I hope for her sake that he is as he appears.

    It's good that Belle likes him, I wonder about his daughter though, Tawni. Maybe she will be the fly in the ointment! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a nice guy, and I tried to make him come off that way, so I'm glad I did. She's moving fast because of a lot of reasons I suppose, the main one being that she still wants some time to live and be young.

      Tawni and Alyssa will meet in a few chapters time, and it will be quite interesting.

      Delete
  3. Some kids think all baths are for is splashing. It seems to be part of their genetic coding. Embrace the splashing Alyssa. Belle won't be growing out of it I bet. :D

    Damon seems to be really nice! That's good. Now what are his views on having more kids? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't baths really just for splashing? They're not all too much of getting clean, its all about the splashing when it comes down to it.

      He is a really nice guy, and based on Alyssa wants a big family... You'll just have to wait and see.

      Delete
  4. Haha, I was like Belle when I was a kid come bathtime. :p

    Damon is nice...too nice? And that date was perfect--two perfect! I'm always suspicious of any newcomers to a legacy. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was that way too. I remember my mum always used to tell me off for splashing and making the water go through the floor boards. Meh, it was fun.

      I'm always suspicious too, but this isn't a case where you should be overly cautious. He is a nice guy, and I intended for him to be a nice guy.

      Delete
  5. Splashy baths are fun when you're a kid! Damon seems nice, so I hope things work out for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love baths as a kid! I had a collection of ducks and I'd make up stories for them :3
      I do indeed have a plan for Alyssa's and Damon's relationship, obviously I'm not just going in blind with it all, but I have a certain plan of what's gonna happen.

      Delete
  6. I think Alyssa's problem is that she falls too easy in love. She should have learned her lesson from Matteo. I'm glad Damon seems nice though, but I'm still worried for Alyssa. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does fall for people easy, in a way, she's a little naive when it comes to that stuff.
      Damon is a nice guy though, don't get the wrong idea off that.

      Delete
  7. Ah, so the half siblings roll is for Alyssa? Hopefully it's not too many kids! Well at least she enjoyed her date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she has a half siblings roll. I may add that in fairly soon because I can't see it coming up... However, she does have to have quite a few kids but I know where they're coming from though so its fine :)

      She did have a nice date, so yay for her

      Delete