Sunday 29 June 2014

Chapter 2.08 Accident Prone

Alyssa found herself in an all too familiar place...


Hunched over the toilet again almost straight after waking up, it was a feeling she certainly did not miss and it was a sight she could more than do without. Her first general thought was to give up cooking and just rely on takeout, but the pasta couldn't have been that bad, right? It was hardly even burned! Unless if she undercooked it...? She wasn't so sure.


The coldness of the toilet seat was almost relaxing against her forehead. She knew not to get too used to it otherwise she'd probably end up falling asleep and that would be far from a good thing. She half wondered what it was that was causing her to be ill. There was one possibility that caused her to be this ill before, but she couldn't be that accident prone, could she?


Its not like she wouldn't love to have another baby, she would, it was just rather bad timing. She had just started work for real after her previous maternity leave, and she doubted her boss would be all too happy with her taking more time off (even though there was nothing her boss could do about it), but she was mostly worried about her relationship with Damon.
Everything was only just starting out, and she didn't know what a baby this soon could cause. She was fairly certain that it would either make or break their relationship, and she really didn't want it to end this soon!



After her morning illness, Alyssa tended to Belle and gave her breakfast and gave her something to do while she got at least another hours sleep. She was exhausted, and was honestly happy it was just going to be a day of her being with Belle (considering if her daughter forgave her for leaving her yesterday, or 'forever' as Belle worked it out to be.)


She groaned when her phone started ringing, and she answered it, "Hello?" She didn't look at the caller ID, and attempted to hide the tiredness in her voice. Damn it, wasn't she at least allowed one nap? She sat up ever so slightly, her head resting against the headboard.
"I'm really sorry Alyssa." It was Damon on the other side of the phone and he sounded panicked. She couldn't help but get a little panicked herself. Did he somehow know about her morning sickness? Wait, could werewolves read minds? She honestly didn't need another mind reader boyfriend. Been there, done that, got dumped (even though it was her fault.)


"Huh? What are you sorry about?" She asked as she sat up. She yawned, "I literally just woke up from a nap." She explained.
"Did I wake you? Sorry." He sighed. "I didn't intend for her to do this, she really wanted to meet you and she just got away from me." He explained.
Confused, Alyssa furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you on about? Who got away from you and who wants to meet me?" She asked, and heard a knock on the door. "Someone's at the door, I have to get ready and answer it." She put her phone down on her bedside table, and tried to get ready fairly quickly. Whoever was at the door, they were either impatient or wanted to knock the door down.


When Alyssa managed to answer the door, she found a teenage girl stood there. The girl gave Alyssa a look "You sure do take your time, don't you?" She rolled her eyes, and walked inside.
Blinking, Alyssa turned to look at the fairly rude teenager, and asked "I'm sorry, do I know you?"


The girl raised an eyebrow at Alyssa, "Really? I'm surprised my dad didn't tell you about me." She glared. Alyssa's eyes widened, this was Damon's daughter.
"Oh! You're Tawni? It's nice to meet you, I'm-" She started, trying to be nice, but she was soon interrupted.
"I know who you are Alyssa. I honestly thought my dad would go for someone prettier than a ginger mortal." She scoffed.


"I'm. Not. Ginger." She growled. "My hair is strawberry blonde, not ginger."
"Just because you're in denial doesn't mean you're not ginger." She snapped back, then smirked. It pleased her to get under Alyssa's skin.
"I'm not in denial, there's nothing wrong with my hair colour anyway!" She sighed, exasperated. She took a deep breath, calming herself before continuing. "Where is your dad anyway?" She asked.
As if on cue Damon walked in; Tawni seemed to change into a completely different person.


"Tawn, I told you not to go and run off." He chided, knowing what his daughter could be like around new people. He honestly didn't plan on bringing Alyssa up until at least things got more serious between the two of them. Well, too late now.
"I'm sorry daddy, I just really wanted to meet Alyssa." Tawni pouted, then went back to smiling sweetly.
Alyssa eyed the girl next to her, finding it hard to believe that the girl who just insulted her and called her ginger was now acting like a perfect angel. She could've sworn she was never this bad. Sure, she kept a few secrets from her parents, like when she used to go out drinking, but she was never two faced.


"I get you wanted to meet her, but I've got a lot I need to do and the last thing I need is to worry about where you are." He tried to reason with her. Even though she was a teenager, it wasn't like he didn't worry.
"Then how about I spend the day with Alyssa?" She suggested, grinning. "I could get to know her better and I'd be out of your way." Tawni turned to face Alyssa "Wouldn't it be fun?"
"Sure. Really fun." She plastered on a smile, trying to keep up with the illusion that Tawni actually liked her. Today just seemed as if it wasn't going to go her way.



"You know, I'm sure your dad would have been fine if you just stayed with him." Alyssa gently brought up. She didn't really especially want to spend the day with Tawni, if it was up to her, she'd just go back to bed and sleep.
"I wanted to come here." She answered, rather coldly. "I thought, it's probably best if I get to know you better." She narrowed her eyes. "After all, you are dating my dad."


"You know Tawni, I'm sure me and you could get along." She gestured with her arm, while trying to keep Belle back. She seemed to want to run off and grab all the balloons at the park.
"Yeah, sure." Tawni grumbled, rolling her eyes. Right now, this wasn't going to plan. She wanted her dad to see how much of a bitch Alyssa probably was, but she wasn't doing her any favours by being all friendly and nice.


While Alyssa was in the bathroom, Tawni decided to have a little fun. "Hey Belle... You're quite a big girl, aren't you?" She spoke sweetly.
Belle grinned in response "Big girl." She parroted, idly swinging her arms back and forth.
"How about me and you play a game?" Tawni asked, smiling.


Her arms stopped swinging about half way through a swing when the 'g' word was mentioned. "Game?" She asked, excited.
Tawni nodded, "Mhm, a game. Wanna know how to play?" She asked, pretending as if it was the best thing in the world. Belle nodded eagerly, and she continues. "Well, there's a lot of pretty coloured eggs around, how about we go on an egg hunt? Whoever finds the most wins." She smiled. "So, do you want to play?"
She nodded eagerly again, and soon ran off to find some of the coloured eggs.


This game was easy peasy for Belle! There were tons of not-so-hidden eggs, more than she could count. She was so easily going to win, after all, she had found a pink one. Pink ones should be worth twice as many points as the others because the pink ones are pink. She probably should have told Tawni that rule though...
She tried to get a good grip on the egg so she could pick it up and show it off.


However, Belle was unaware that Tawni had walked off. She was more focused on getting a good hold of her pretty pink egg to show it off.
When she finally stood up with her egg in her hands, she couldn't find Tawni anywhere! She also couldn't find her mommy anywhere either. Maybe Tawni had gone off to find eggs herself? Still, it didn't mean that Belle was any less scared.


"Mommy?" Belle called, but not very loudly. She figured that if she couldn't find her mommy, maybe she was hiding too? That wasn't a very nice thing to do! She began to wander around, trying to find her mommy, or at least Tawni. But her mommy would be much more of a better find to make.

Meanwhile...



Two minutes. That was it, but why did these two minutes seem to take forever? Probably because these two meant a lot more and Alyssa was much more nervous about what would happen after these two minutes, rather than two minutes spent getting changed or the two minutes she spent arguing with Tawni this morning (before she knew who Tawni really was, of course.) When the two minutes were up though, Alyssa had mixed reactions to the results.


At first, she wanted to panic. Why did she keep making mistakes like this? Not that she didn't love Belle, and she will certainly love the new baby, but it might be nice to have a planned baby at some point or another in her life. She started to panic about her relationship with Damon, and how Belle would be with a new brother or sister.


Then, after her initial freak out, she started to smile slightly over the fact that there was going to be another baby in the house. Someone else to make the house seem a little less lonely. Her slight smile widened a little at the thought of Belle being able to play with a little brother or sister. That, and it wasn't like there was any money problems to worry about or worrying about how she'll be with a baby. She's already had Belle, and she thinks she's done an alright job at raising her.
Alyssa however wasn't aware of that her daughter had ran off to find her.

Chapter 2.07 The Woman with the Blue Shoes                                    
______________________________

AN: This is a two part chapter. I was going to make it all in one, but I was at about 17 pictures at the start/middle-ish, so I decided to split it in two, and I think I ended it at a fairly cliffhanger-ish place.
So, yeah. Not much else I have to say, other than the fact that I'm sorry for a cliffhanger, also that a lot has happened in this chapter.
ETA: Oh! I made a simself! Which is now my profile picture instead of the drawing. I think sim me turned out alright. 

12 comments:

  1. Tawni... blugh, what a bitch. Ofcourse Damon phoning and apologizing beforehand kind of gave off how she is.
    Tricking little Belle like that? What did she do anyway? She can't just leave a little toddler like that! I'm crossing my fingers at this ending well.

    On another note: new baby :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a reason behind why she's being a bitch. I wouldn't just make someone a bitch without a proper backstory, that is just cruel ;)
      It was a really mean trick for Tawni to do to poor little Belle, but like I said, there's a reason she's acting that way, not by any means that it makes what she did acceptable.

      Yay new baby!

      Delete
  2. Ugh. That first trimester tiredness. Ugh. I feel for Alyssa. That's a rough stage. And dealing with the royal little bitch Damon's daughter is? Triple Ugh. At least if Damon believes Tawni (when she eventually lies to him saying Alyssa is a careless parent) over Alyssa she'll know whether their relationship is going to work out or not. Just ugh. Ugh Ugh Ugh. Tawni. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it would be a sucky stage, especially if you have stuff to do.
      Unfortunately, your predictions aren't quite right and Tawni won't be telling her dad that. I still have a bit of story left for Damon and Alyssa.

      Tawni was being very ugh-ish this chapter.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Alyssa is really touchy over her hair. There's nothing wrong with being a ginger (although she is right. That isn't quite ginger). She should've just laughed over it. But I guess nobody would like it if a stranger barged into your house and started insulting you, so it's understandable that she got upset. I guess Tawni really isn't happy that her dad is dating someone. Makes me wonder how she will take to the news of Alyssa's pregnancy. I doubt she'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are touchy over their hair, and not to sound hairist (that a word? It is one now) but it is often redheaded girls that are either touchy about their hair or just laugh it off.
      It is understandable that she would be upset. I'm sure that even if you were the world's nicest person, you would still get rather offended if someone barged into your home and insulted you.

      Tawni isn't happy about her dad dating someone new, and there is a proper reason behind it, that I'll get into next chapter. She won't be all too happy to find out about Alyssa's pregnancy, I can guarantee that.

      Delete
  4. hahaha nice try Alyssa but I've never heard of someone getting sick from undercooked pasta :D

    Umm...Alyssa went to the fair to take a pregnancy test? lol, odd.

    Oy, Tawni's kind of a little bitch isn't she? Not that I was the nicest teen when my dad dated women I didn't like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hoping for that was quite wishful thinking of her. It's pretty much impossible to get sick from pasta because it's just flour and oil.

      Tawni is a little bit of a bitch, but it's not like she doesn't have a reason not to be one.

      Delete
  5. Oi, poor Alyssa. Ginger comments get old quick (and I'm not even really that much of a redhead, either--I'm also strawberry blonde). I want to believe Tawni is just an awful teenager and that she'll get better.

    Oh, Tawni, you tricked a toddler. Good job. That's super hard. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they probably would get old rather soon. I'm not a redhead (even though I try to dye my hair a little redder, just for a tint of it) but I've seen quite a lot of people being teased because of it.

      That's why I love toddlers, they're so easy to trick and they believe everything.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear, that Tawnni is trouble with a capital T... I wonder why she's so against Alyssa before she's even got to know her and to run off and abandon a little toddler like Belle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay, she is. She's mostly against Alyssa because she's not used to her parents not being together, and having a new woman in the mix isn't exactly fun for her. Then again, what she did wasn't exactly excusable

      Delete