Saturday 8 February 2014

Chapter 1.20 Reactions

"There's something we need to say..." Erin started


"We'll wait for Rosie to get down here first though." Thomas continued, frowning a little. Both adults said they were going to tell Connor and Rosie about the baby today. All of them had the day off because of Snowflake day, so it was probably the best time to tell them.
"Can't you just tell me and then Rosie afterwards?" Connor asked, tilting his head a little. He didn't quite get what was so important.
Right at that moment, Rosie came downstairs, still in her pyjamas "Tell me what?" She sat down on the couch, resting forwards. It was probably going to be something stupid.


"They want to tell us something." Connor explained, looking across at Rosie. She was a lot different as a teenager, no way near as nice as what she used to be.
"Is it even important?" She asked, rolling her eyes. So far, it seemed pretty pointless.
"Yeah, it is important." Erin sighed, looking at both of them in turn. She glanced at Thomas, who gave her a small smile. She continued with "It's quite a big thing actually."


"Can you please just say what it is?" Rosie asked, getting annoyed. She didn't get why they just couldn't say it. Connor was thinking the same thing too, but he didn't exactly want to say it as harshly as Rosie did.
"It really isn't easy to say..." Erin trailed off, gaining a new insecurity about telling them. Part of her was afraid that they wouldn't be as calm about it all. "I uh, I'm-" She stumbled over her words, nervous.
Thomas noticed that she was struggling to say it, "What she's trying to say is that both of you will have a baby brother or sister."
She smiled at him, glad he managed to say it. Just to clarify though, she added "I'm pregnant."


Both of them stayed silent for a while, before Rosie put on a mean smirk and said "Really? I thought you were just getting fat." She folded her arms, not caring that she had just upset Erin.
"Rosie..." Thomas warned, frowning. He wondered what was wrong with her, before she never would have said anything even close to that.
She glared at him, and stood up "Oh, how nice. You still actually remember my name." She snapped, walking over to him.


He had to hold her back, just in case. He understood partly why she was so upset, but honestly never thought it would be to this level "Lets face it, you're trying to replace me!" She snarled, glaring at him. She was really hurt by this, and honestly thought he wanted to replace her. Was she not his little Princess anymore? Obviously she wasn't so little anymore, but did he really have to go ahead and do this? 
"Rosie, you know that's not true." He tried to convince her otherwise, frowning. 
"Don't lie to me! I bet neither you or my mom wanted me. That's why I never met her." She snapped, on the edge of tears. "She probably just dumped me on you, didn't she?" Rosie yelled, really upset. 


"Rosie, just listen to me, okay?" He managed to stay calm, even though what she said about her own mom was kinda true. He never planned to have kids, but it wasn't like he regretted it. True, Rosie's mother did just surprise him with her, but it wasn't like neither of them cared.
"No." She frowned, and pushed him away, "I don't want to listen to someone that doesn't want me." Tears were clear in her eyes, as she snarled, "I hate you, I'm going. Maybe then I'll be wanted." She got her coat, and stormed out of the house. 


"...And then she yelled at him, he tried to make her calm down but she didn't and then she stormed out." Connor just finished explaining everything that had happened to Sabrina. He wanted his friend near, and his mom didn't seem to mind her coming over either. It was almost as if she didn't even see her. She was probably preoccupied with the events that he was just describing.
"My, how dramatic..." She trailed off, looking around a little.
"You could at least pretend that you were listening." He grumbled, sighing. He would have been more offended if it wasn't Sabrina's first time being here.


"Sorry, I was listening. I was just a little distracted. You really like monkeys, don't you?" She smiled softly, looking back at him.
He tried to stop his cheeks going red. "Monkeys are cool." He shrugged, just learning how awkward it was to have a girl in his room.
"Hm.. Interesting." She murmured, barely audible. Sometimes she spoke like that, as if she was years older than what she actually was. "So, how do you feel about that?" Her attention finally turned to Connor instead of it being focused on the stuffed monkey hanging above his bed. Connor shuffled backwards on to the pillow as Sabrina sat opposite him on the bed.


"Honestly. I'm not sure." He mumbled, his gaze staying on his knees. "I was shocked to say the least. I just can't help but feel the same way Rosie did." He knew he could trust Sabrina with anything, after all, she had been fully honest with him too.
"Your sister was just overreacting. I'm sure what she said was far from true." She half smiled, only knowing partially what Rosie had said. She was a little more than distracted by the monkeys.
"I guess..." He sighed, still looking at his knees.


"Sorry if it offends you, but you shouldn't be this bothered by it." She smiled softly at him, "I mean, isn't it a good thing? There's going to be someone new to play with, and someone new to talk to. Its a happy thing, something to celebrate, and no offence but you're being a moody monkey about it." She couldn't help but giggle a little, and Connor half smiled at her.
"Why are you so clever?" He asked honestly, looking up at her. It couldn't be just a girl thing because Rosie wasn't all too clever. He wondered what it was.
She smiled slightly, a little confused. "I'm not so sure I understand... I just am I suppose." She shrugged.


"Is it because your magic?" He whispered, knowing she would probably keep that part of her a secret.
Sabrina shrugged "Like I said, I don't know." She sighed, looking away "And did you find out about your sister? If she is a witch or not?" She looked at him.
Connor bit his lower lip, and shook his head "I still don't know, but you could always talk to my mom about it. She knows a lot about stuff like that." He smiled, hoping that was somewhat helpful.


She laughed once, nervously "Your mother..?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. It honestly seemed as if she was trying to make a joke out of it.
"Yeah, I can go get her if you like." He was about to get up, before she quickly stopped him.
"No." She answered quickly, holding on to his wrist before he could go anywhere. She frowned "She might be tired or something, I wouldn't want to bother her..."
"It wouldn't bother her at all." He tried, wanting to help out any way he could. He felt fairly useless whenever he couldn't help her out.
"Look, I should probably get going..." She murmured, frowning. 
Connor furrowed his eyebrows, confused "I'm sorry if I said something mean, I didn't mean to." He frowned, but Sabrina was already gone.


Meanwhile, Rosie was sat in the snow, her head resting on her knees. She felt so miserable right now. She doesn't actually know if she was ever actually fully wanted, but she knew that she wasn't important enough for her mom to stay around for. Every girl should have their mom, another woman to look up to. Sure, she did have Erin, but there was a big difference between someone considered to be family that actual family.
She kicked the snow, feeling as if she's lost all of her family now. She was mean to Erin, yelled at her Daddy and Connor probably hated her too.


"They don't hate you." She heard someone say. She recognized that voice, how could she not? That was the voice of the woman that turned her into a witch, something that's been mostly useless. When she was younger, she honestly thought that her skin would go bright green, like the evil witch in the Wizard of Oz, but that never actually happened. She couldn't help but wonder if that elixir actually worked.


Rosie kept her eyes on Elli's boots, wondering how she wasn't frozen already. It was so cold outside. "What do you want?" She asked distastefully, frowning.
"My... Based on what you were just thinking, is it really smart to be mean to me?" She smiled as she spoke, playing with magic.
"Just leave me alone." She grumbled. "I don't want to talk to you, I don't like you." Rosie stood up, about to walk away.


"Wait, okay?" Elli's voice went soft, as she looked at the teenager."I'm sorry about what I did, but I don't intend on leaving you alone to deal with it." She smiled slightly.
Rosie furrowed her eyebrows, confused "I don't want your help. You've done enough for me." 
"I have something for you, then if you still want me to go, fine." Elli tried to reason with her. Narrowing her eyes, Rosie tried to work out what angle she was playing at. Why was the woman that stole her in the middle of the night, almost killed her, and made her Daddy and Erin believe that she was missing want to help?


"Here." She smiled, and Rosie was genuinely excited for a second, before remembering the type of person Elli was.
"What is it?" She murmured, biting her lower lip. She furrowed her eyebrows at the box, wondering what kind of weird contraption this might be.
"It's not a bomb, sweetie." She grumbled, and passed the box over. "Its a wand, so you can actually be a witch." She informed her, half smiling. "You can only use it when your old enough to."
She frowned "Then why did I have to go through all that when I was a child?" She asked, folding her arms.
"Letting the powers settle." She spoke as if it was obvious. She sighed "This is one of the best ones you can find, so don't sit on it or anything." She narrowed her eyes at Rosie. "All witches need a wand to use, a way to channel their powers. Only the best can use their hands, so again, be careful with it."


Elli was never the kind of person to stick around, so once she was gone, Rosie took out the wand and aimlessly flitted it one way. Her eyes widened when she saw the green trail following it. Shaking her head, she moved the wand again, slower this time, and the same thing happened.
The same guilty feeling came back, the one which involved her never telling Thomas about what had happened to her. She knew he should know, but she didn't know how to say it. She knew the least she could do was apologize though. She made her way home again, after spending a fair while out in the snow.


Pretty much as soon as she got back inside, she gave her Daddy a hug "I'm really sorry about what I said, I didn't mean it." She mumbled, hugging him tightly.
Sighing, Thomas murmured "Its okay, Princess. I get it was a shock to you." He pulled away just enough so he could look at her "To be honest, it was a pretty big shock to me and Erin too." He smiled slightly.
Rosie laughed a little, and stayed silent for a while before mumbling "I want to know about my mom." She looked up at him. 
"You what?" He asked, wanting to make sure he heard her right. He couldn't help but wonder where this random fascination with finding out about her mother actually came from.
"I just want to know. I'm not saying that you have to tell me right now, but I want to know someday." She shrugged, looking up at him.
Hesitantly, Thomas nodded his head in agreement. "I'll tell you about her one day soon, I promise." He mumbled, starting to wonder how he was ever going to be able to tell her.

Chapter 1.19 No Strings Attached?                                           
______________________________
AN: Woo! I finally got this chapter done! If my game didn't keep going, and if I didn't have to play for about twelve sims hours twice before I could even start to shoot, this would have been out a lot earlier. 
Ah well, its up now. And I have no more shows so I won't be as distracted.

14 comments:

  1. Oy. Rosie really went off there didn't she? Kind of makes me think some of what she was upset about was already in her mind.

    Oh, ho ho! So Sabrina isn't visible to adults? That's interesting. And a little disturbing. No one else has seen Elli, and now only little Connor is seeing Sabrina.

    Speaking of the devil... A gift. And now here we go. How will Rosie explain that one? Will she just keep it hidden from everyone including Connor? When is Sabrina going to make herself known along with her help to the young witch?

    I'm glad Thomas and Rosie made it up at the end. Let's just hope Thomas takes care of telling Rosie soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some kids take it harshly when there's a younger brother or sister. I remember my friend took it really bad.

      Hee, I have a legacy full of secrets, don't I? Ah, whatever makes it different, I suppose.

      Yeah, the devil in a very short skirt. There's going to be more on all your questions fairly soon-ish. I'm still kind of thinking about after effects though.

      I'm glad they made up too, they had to hug like seven times just to get it right. He will tell her about her mom soon, I know I keep saying that everything will happen soon but its the truth.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, interesting, it looks to me like Connor's the only one who can see Sabrina... I hope she turns out to be as nice as she seems and not an evil **** like Elli...

    Poor Rosie, she really didn't take the news well did she? And after all her plans to get Erin and Thomas together too! I hope Elli's reappearance doesn't spell more trouble for her, but I have a very bad feeling about that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I don't plan on Sabrina being even slightly mean.

      Rosie's plans were more in hope of a wedding or at least them dating, not a brother or sister. So, she's not all too pleased about that.

      Delete
  3. Ooo... and why is Sabrina so interested in finding out if Rosie is a witch! Love the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was briefly mentioned in the chapter before. It because Sabrina was told there was a witch somewhere, and she has her suspicions that it's Rosie.
      I'm glad you managed to catch up though :)

      Delete
  4. I really like Sabrina. I'd like to know what her story is - I kinda get the idea she isn't quite as young as she looks. Elli showing up again is trouble. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Sabrina too, I ended up liking her a lot more than I originally thought I would.
      Elli showing up again isn't a good thing, I'll agree with you on that :/

      Delete
  5. Hm... Not much to add, everyone's said it all!

    I wonder why Sabrina and Elli are only visable to Connor and Rosie? Do they both have some kind of gift that lets them see weird people?
    I like Sabrina, though. I, like Cholate, feel like she's a lot older than she looks. I'm thinking she possibly is dead. or half dead. And so she doesn't age anymore.

    Looking forward to seeing the new baby, and I think that announcement didn't go too badly. Rosie is a teenage girl, she's bound to throw a fit! lol! Could have gone a lot worse, tbh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got quite a lot of comments on this chapter, I feel fairly proud :3

      I'm planning on having more about Sabrina in the next chapter, maybe her origins then or a little after..

      I really want to see what the new baby turns out like, mainly just out of curiosity. I've Played With Genetics a few times, and I honestly like the results so far. I'm fairly confident that the baby will be fairly pretty :)

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, Sabrina's very intriguing with the fact that it seems like only Connor can see her. I hope she's not as dangerous as Elli.

    And I can understand why Rosie threw that fit, although I will admit that I didn't really like her at the beginning of this chapter. She redeemed herself at the end though. If she had stayed upset I would have disliked it more, but I think her fit worked well. You have so much plot going on, I'm excited to say where everything is going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some kids react badly to new brothers or sisters. She was just hurt and she wanted to lash out. I think I wrapped the whole this chapter up pretty nice and simply, apart from a few questions still hanging around here and there... Ah well, gotta leave some mystery, right?

      Delete
  7. I dare say Rosie's reaction is understandable. Not that she's right of course, but some kids do feel that way in situations like this. It was good of her to ask Thomas about her mother, too, though I'm not sure how that story is going to make her feel either, knowing that her mom basically dumped her off on her dad. But she's old enough, and has a right to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fairly rude of her, but she felt almost abandoned and she was worried about being ignored.
      She does find out about her mother soon-ish, and you'll just have to see how well she may or may not take it.

      Delete