Sunday 20 July 2014

Chapter 2.10 Forgetful

Alyssa almost forgot that this room used to be hers.


She looked around the room, not so sure what to think. It was nice to see that it was all done up and her pink wallpaper was down, but it was odd to see it as the baby's room. She remembered when there were her toy unicorn and duck in here, and how she slowly filled the room up with gnomes, which replaced the unicorns and the duck and the teddy bears.


Damon glanced over at her, sensing that something was up with her. Did she not like it? It was her idea for the baby's room though. "Is something wrong?" He asked, going over to her and wrapping an arm around her waist.
She sighed slightly, "Its just weird imagining how this used to be my old room." She looked around at how different it now looked. She smiled though, knowing that it was about time the pink wall paper came down. "And the room's perfect, in case you were wondering what I thought." She looked around, "And you even included the bear I liked." She grinned.


"I still don't like that thing. We could have just got the normal one, instead of this one." He narrowed his eyes at the teddy as Alyssa cuddled it close.
"Oh come on, I think its cute." She grinned. "It's a werewolf like you."
"Still, its a little creepy." He murmured, still not fully sure on the doll, but if Alyssa loved it so... There wasn't all too much he could do to change her mind.


"Anyway, I have to go into work for a few hours. Can you watch Belle for a while?" Alyssa's been rather protective of Belle since the incident at the festival.
"You're going into work?" He asked, confused. "I thought you had a while off as leave." He didn't quite get why she would go into work if she had time off.
"I still do, but someone there really wanted to talk with me about a research project and they didn't want to wait until I got back to work. I'll only be gone a short while though, and we're still going out for dinner tonight?" She asked, smiling.
"Of course. It's Love Day, isn't it?" He smiled back at her. Little did she know, he had something special planned for that night.


When she did get to the offices floor, she saw someone idly observing one of the plants. Alyssa decided it was probably best not to question it too far, as there were quite a few odd people who worked here. She walked out of the lift, and went over to him. She wasn't fully sure who it was who requested her, so she might as well just ask around.


"I was wondering if you could help me find someone." Alyssa started, startling him by accident.
"Sorry, I didn't see you there." He murmured an apology, then asked. "Are you looking for your husband's office? It might be on the floor above or below. There's a lot of offices, as there are quite a lot of people who work here." He explained.
Even though it wasn't meant maliciously, Alyssa couldn't help but take offence. "Excuse me? I work here. I'm one of the scientists here." She narrowed her eyes. "I'm Alyssa Matthews, my room is literally right there." She introduced herself, but not in a pleasant way, more in a 'told you so' way.


"I'm sorry Alyssa, I didn't mean to offend you." He held up a hand in defence. "I was the one who contacted you about needing assistance with a research project." He smiled at her. "I'm Dr Newman." He introduced himself.
She nodded, "So, what is it? You were rather confidential about what it was when we spoke." She recalled.
"That's because I'm not suppose to have what I have." He spoke quietly, and went into his office. Alyssa cautiously followed him, finding what he said fairly ominous.


She mostly stayed by the door, but her eyes went straight to what was on his desk. Were they what she thought they were? No, surly they couldn't be, but she at least had to ask, "Are those Dragon eggs?" She asked quietly, not wanting to seem stupid. She was almost certain that dragons had gone extinct.
"That they are." He confirmed. "I also bet you're also wondering how I got them, aren't you?" He asked, and she nodded.


"I had to do a lot to get them, mostly asking around and having people curse at me for even asking about them. But, I managed to find them after a long while and I managed to get three."
"Why three?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Why not just one? It probably would have saved you a while."
"Because there's supposedly three different types. A red dragon, a purple one and a green one." He told her. "I would do this on my own, but I thought it would be too stressful to look after three temperamental dragons by myself, so I thought I'd get someone to help."


Alyssa's eyes still didn't leave the eggs on his desk. "And you called on me?" She asked. "Why me though?"
"You, because you're rather different than most here. You don't have any doctorates or even go to college for that matter. You were chosen from how you were in high school, and that honestly intrigued me." He his gaze stayed the same; his stormy grey eyes on her. "I realize that Shauna gave you the opportunity, but I couldn't help but wonder how good you actually were, based on you didn't even go to college, yet managed to get a job here."
Her eyebrows furrowed, as she made eye contact with him. "Why does it particularly matter to you how good I am, or what qualifications I may or may not have?" She asked.
He put on a mean smirk, "Based on my father own this building, and as it will someday be mine, I think I have the rights to wonder how good you are."


"Y-You own this place?" She asked, her arms dropping down to her side. It started to click in her mind that if this guy wanted her gone, he could easily fire her. Time to be extra nice.
"You look like a deer caught in headlights. I'm not that much of a bad person." He still had that same smirk on, which just discouraged Alyssa all the more. "And I'm not going to fire you either, so just relax, okay?"
"If you're not going to fire me, then what are you going to do?" She asked, trying not to be quite as uneasy around him.
"If you choose to help me, then there could be a lot in store for you. A new office, a new title. Surely, it must get boring being just a lab assistant. I mean, who grows up wanting to be the assistant of someone who changes the world?" He then sighed, "But, I'd understand if you didn't want to help me. There has to be someone that cleans the beakers and make sure all the equipment is working." His gaze landed back on her.


She considered it, and whether or not she actually trusted this guy. But then again, did she really just want to be a glorified assistant, washing beakers while someone else got all the glory? "I'll do it, I'll help out." She decided, after all, what harm could it do to get on this guy's good side?
He smiled, "I knew you wouldn't turn it down." He said, then added, "If we're going to be working together, you can call me Adrian."


"I'm not sure if I'd be happy with you working with a guy like that." Damon frowned, not liking how this guy sounded. He sounded like a complete ass, and seemingly forced Alyssa into working with him. He knew he already hated this guy.
"I'll be fine, I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself." Even though she smiled reassuringly, he wasn't all too convinced.


When he turned to go to the lift, she got a little confused. "Upstairs? Isn't it expensive?" She looked at him, frowning. It's not like either of them had to scrimp and save for money, but it was really pricey upstairs, more so than usual.
He shrugged, a small smile playing on his features. "It is, but I want you to remember tonight."


"Wow..." She breathed out, looking around. From the tapestries to the statues, it was really well decorated. It did worry her a little about how much it probably did cost, but she was allowed to be spoiled sometimes, right?
Damon hung behind a little, mostly just to check that the ring box was still in his pocket. He smiled when he knew it was, and was relieved everything so far was going to plan.


"It's all so beautiful." She murmured, going to the edge of the balcony and looking up at the stars. She had forgotten how pretty they were. It made her glad she didn't live in the city, as there were next to no stars there. In peaceful, little Dragon Valley, all of the stars shone brightly, even when clouds were covering a main proportion of the sky. She turned to look at him, "Are you sure there's no ulterior motive behind tonight?" She grinned.


"Aren't I allowed to spoil you without you getting curious?" He asked, not directly answering her question. "I just wanted some us time, and I thought Love Day was a pretty good day to have us time." He smiled at her.
She smiled back at him, "That's so sweet." She kissed him softly. "I love you." She grinned.


"Lobster is without a doubt my favourite." Alyssa grinned. She's never personally cooked it herself though. Mostly because she couldn't, and she wouldn't exactly like hearing the crustacean scream. Even though it was physically impossible for it to make any sound (due to the lack of vocal chords)... It still unnerved her. "I've only had it once before, when I went to France."


"You've been to France? When?" He asked, picking up on that. He remembered that she had said Belle's father was from France, but before he had just figured it was someone who came to Dragon Valley from there.
"Quite a while ago, when I was a teenager and shortly after my birthday." She murmured as a response, hoping he got that she didn't necessarily want to talk about it, especially not right now. Why ruin a really nice date with what she did in the past?


Alyssa was honestly the littlest bit disappointed when desert was over. She had hoped that there would be an ulterior motive behind tonight, it was romantic and sweet enough for one. What's nicer than dinner under the stars? She smiled though, it was a really nice night after all. "I've really enjoyed us time." She smiled at him, "Tonight's been nice."
"You know, there was another reason why I set all this up." He smiled, and she grinned. She knew there was another reason behind tonight!
"What?" She asked, and her eyes widened when he pulled out a velvet jewelry box. She knew before he opened it that there was a ring in there.


She was speechless. She knew that if someone was watching, they'd surely be going 'well, duh!' but she honestly wasn't expecting it.
"I know we've not known each other a really long time, but we're soon going to have a baby and when you know, you just know. I know that I want to be with you for as long as I live." He smiled at her, "Will you marry me?"


She took the box, and smiled at the beautiful ring inside. Her thumb ran over the pink sapphire gem on the white gold band. It was perfect. She grinned, and looked up at him. "Of course I'll marry you." She smiled widely.
It was the best date ever.

Chapter 2.09 Where's Belle(a)?                                                                
_____________________________

AN: Ugh, I hate writing romantic-y stuff. 
We'll see the baby next chapter, promise. The 'Baby's Coming' moodlet came up literally ten game minutes after the last shot. I thought Alyssa just decided to stop posing but then I realized why :)
I was going to call this chapter something much more obvious, until I realized I used the phrase (or similar) "Alyssa forgot" twice or thrice so I figured forgetful was appropriate.

On the real life side though, updates should be more frequent as I've broken up for the summer holidays! *confetti* And next year I start the dreaded Year 10. So far, I've picked up on that I'll need to learn 20 Spanish words a week, and know what I want to do for the rest of my life, despite the fact I'm about 1/6 of the way through my life. Fun.

12 comments:

  1. D'aaaaw. That's the best proposal ever! <3 Such a sweet chapter too!

    *Looks at the sidebar. Still no roll update posted. Gets nervous*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You thought that was good? Huh. Maybe I can sorta write romance.

      Ah, that might be due to Carrie's forgetfulness. She's not very bright at remembering things.

      Delete
  2. Dragons! I'm excited to see dragons. Dr. Newman seems super skeezy, though. I just don't trust him. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, or whatever the saying is. I also just tend not to trust handsome men. ;)

    I'm also very very nervous about the rolls. Especially with the introduction of Dr. Newman and the fact that Damon gets a bad feeling from him. The werewolf scary bear is my absolute favorite! I can understand why Alyssa likes it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay dragons! I tried to make him not very trustworthy, which he isn't. I don't know the saying though, sorry. I'm not all too good when it comes to sayings/idioms. He is quite pretty though, isn't he?

      I thought the werewolf bear was appropriate, based on the baby would be part werewolf.
      I should probably update that side bar. Forgetfulness (haha, just remembered that's the thingy title) and a little surprise in game made me forget

      Delete
  3. I really like the deco of the nursery. It looks rather masculine though, so I'm assuming the baby is going to be a boy? Either way, I'm kinda hoping it'll be a werewolf.

    Dragons! Yay! I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I'm a bit worried about Dr Newman/Adrian though. I'm wondering what his intentions are with regards to both the dragons and Alyssa.

    I'm happy Alyssa got her 'happy ending'. Damon is really sweet to her. I just hope it's going to last. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning on it being a boy. I have a mod and part of it tells you the baby's gender and it said boy. A lot of the stuff in there is from Connor's old room. I love the monkeys!

      Yay dragons! Adrian's intentions are something that'll be brought up next chapter, or at least Alyssa's subconscious's intentions with him.

      I know I've said it before, but I hate the rolls sometimes however sometimes I love them.

      Delete
  4. I thought the title: "forgetful" was connected to Alyssa having pregnant brain :P

    Something about a guy going: "Here pregnant lady, have a dragon egg and by the way, call me Adrian *wink*" seems suspicious. But, am I misunderstanding, or does Alyssa have a certain attraction to him? It's just me imagening things right?

    Damon seems so sweet, why do you have to make him so perfect? It's always a sign something is going to end bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my heiress is a bit of an airhead sometimes ;) She's pretty girl smart. She's good at maths and science but she's very ditzy and clumsy (Like me!)

      Well, when you put it like that, it seems a little odd, haha. Her possible attraction to him will go into more detail next chapter.

      See, him being sweet is part of my plan. There's a certain stereotype that I dislike that revolves around my plans, so I'm going in the directly opposite direction to the stereotype :)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, if someone says they're not that bad of person, it doesn't bode well, lol Dr. Newman is rather arrogant, and I wonder how he got those dragon eggs anyway? He's rather vague about the particulars!

    Alyssa and Damon are cute together, I like how he made her sweat it out until the last possible moment! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, if someone says that they're not nice, that's usually a starting point on how to judge their character. He is rather arrogant and a little bit rude and vague.

      I thought about making him propose while she was star gazing, but I decided that it would make a nice ending, and I think it did

      Delete
  6. I do not like this Dr Newman, and I don't trust either his intentions with Alyssa or his intentions with the dragon eggs...

    I do like Damon and I'm horribly afraid you're going to do something bad to him... (Not that I can talk given what I've done to several of my sims)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone in not liking Adrian (ah, almost put the wrong guy!) and you're not alone in not trusting him neither.

      I'm glad you do like him. It's not what I want to do, it's what I have to do. (Not a lot of people can talk, we all have to be mean to our simmies at one point or another,)

      Delete