Friday 25 July 2014

Chapter 2.12 The 'S' Word

This was a big day for Belle!


The day before was a big day also. Yesterday was Belle's birthday, and all the family came over to celebrate. Her aunt Rosie and aunt Sabrina was there, and her uncle Connor was too. Also, there was two of her cousins Loretta and Elvie. Uncle Liam wasn't there though, he was looking after her two younger cousins.


Her mommy gave her a present. It wasn't a pony like how she had wished when she blew out the candles, it was a pair of pretty pink earrings, which Belle could tell her mom chose. If it wasp pink, it was her mom's choice. It's a wonder how Ashton doesn't have a pink room like Melody does! Maybe Damon talked her mom out of giving her little brother a pink room.


Her cousin Elvie came over and gave her a hug. Aunt Rosie was adamant on her never being called Ellie or anything close to Ellie. Belle didn't get why, but her aunt Rosie was a little odd sometimes. Belle only started listening halfway through what her cousin was on about.
"-And we can sit together at lunch, and we  can play together at break! I was never able to play with Loretta, she was always too old."
"What?" Belle asked, confused.


"At school! Silly. Where else would I be talking about?" She asked, laughing lightly.
"School?" Belle asked. She had heard about school, it was hard and you had to think a lot. That didn't sound like something she'd like. She liked reading, and playing, not thinking!
"Yeah! It'll be fun and we can be best friends." Elvie was really excited about it.


Belle laughed in response. "I doubt my mom will make me go. My mom's cool, and if I ask nicely I won't have to go." She smiled.
Elvie frowned, "You have to go. Everyone has to go." She protested.
"I won't." She grinned, and it wasn't too long before Belle realized just how wrong she was...


"Belle, come on. You can't just skip school." Alyssa was starting to get annoyed with her daughter by now. Her resistance to go to school baffled her. What was so wrong with it?
"I don't wanna go!" Belle just held on tighter to her bed. She tried to quickly think of some excuse not to go, "I'm sick." And she put on a few coughs. "See?" She murmured, fake coughing more.


Alyssa folded her arms, and Belle finally let go of the bed. She put on another coughing fit. "I'm too sick to go to school, mom." She frowned.
Alyssa put on a sympathetic frown, and sighed "Poor Belley. I suppose you can't have the waffles I made for you."
She immediately perked up. "Waffles? I'm not that sick though! I can still have waffles."
"If you're well enough waffles, then you're well enough school. Get dressed, and they'll be on the table for you." And Alyssa walked out.


"If you're well enough waffles, then you're well enough school." Belle mimicked after her mom left, rolling her eyes. She opened the drawer, and got dressed for school. On the bright side, at least there were waffles waiting for her, but they came with the price of having to go to school. She was really nervous for her first day.


Luckily, so far the waffles were worth it. It was one of the few things her mom was really good at making. Speaking of her mom, Belle could hear her behind with her little brother Ashton.
"Are you okay now, little guy?" Alyssa cooed, walking around the kitchen area with him.
Belle turned around to look at her mom, "Where's Melody?" She asked, wondering why only he was downstairs.
"She's upstairs, Damon's with her." Alyssa answered, her attention still mostly on Ashton. Belle couldn't help but feel at least a little bit jealous.


"I'm still not so sure how I feel about a boy crashing our girl talk coffee mornings." Rosie murmured, looking right at where the culprit was.
Sabrina turned to her, "Oh come on. It's not that bad, besides, he's kinda cute." She smiled. "And he doesn't talk all that much and probably won't remember what we said."
Contemplating it, Rosie tilted her head then sighed. "I suppose just this once we can have a boy here." She smiled.


"Well, thank you for allowing my son to be here. I'm taking Melody's allowed though because she's a girl?" The two of them nodded and Alyssa smiled slightly, "I had to bring them because Damon's out again."
"We'll let it slide just this one time then." Rosie grinned, joking. "Mostly because the babysitters in this town are awful."
"That and daycare's closed, which is why I'm here." Sabrina smiled, and couldn't help but ask, "Is he often out?"


"He's got a daughter from a previous relationship so he spends time with her." Alyssa briefly explained. Rosie and Sabrina exchanged slightly nervous glances before looking back at Alyssa. "What was that?" She asked.
"Well, aren't you at least a little worried?" Sabrina asked, moving  her hair slightly.
"Worried? Why would I be worried?" She asked in return, rather confused.
Rosie rolled her eyes, "Do we have to spell it out for you, Lyss? If he's spending time with his daughter, he's got to be at least seeing his ex." She frowned.


Alyssa quickly shook her head. "It's not like that, trust me. I know Damon, and I know he and his ex-wife broke up ages ago." She half smiled.
"Ex-wife?" Rosie asked quietly, raising an eyebrow. She got a really bad feeling about all of this, but knew at the end of the day it was Alyssa's choice.
"Anyway," Sabrina started, changing the subject, "Have you set a date yet?" She smiled.


"We're thinking sometime in summer, when the twins are a little older. I kinda want to get married on the beach." Alyssa grinned.
"The beach at sunset." Rosie sighed, partially in a daydream. "That would be so pretty." She smiled.
"And I've found the perfect dress." She beamed, "It's being held at a shop all the way in Bridgeport though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it." Her smile soon turned into frown.
"You'll find one you love just as much, I promise." Sabrina smiled sympathetically at her. "There are tons of pretty dresses and you'll forget all about that one you saw."
"I hope so. It was really pretty." She picked up her cup and drank from it.


Alyssa decided not to mention her dream, even though she was rather curious about if either her sister or sister in law had any similar dreams. Then again, she wasn't so sure if she exactly wanted to know if Rosie or Sabrina ever had any dirty dreams or weird ones (like hers). It was probably better to leave the fact that she was muddled over whether or not she wanted to get married out too.


Belle had come to a realization. School sucked and it was boring. She was sat next to someone who didn't seem to want to be her friend, and her cousin Elvie was sat in front and with her boyfriend Jack (It was kinda serious too. They had even held hands once!) The boy she was sat next to was Jack's brother. Belle didn't know his name though, mostly because he just spent most of today ignoring her.
She was relieved when the bell rung though. She was going to spend some time in the playground with Elvie, Jack and his brother. Hopefully he would actually talk to her. Jack seemed nice, so why wasn't his brother?


Her cousin had ditched Belle for Jack, so she mostly had to spend it with the quiet boy. She frowned a little, "Can you at least tell me what your name is?" She asked nicely, and was amazed when he murmured.
"Axel. My mom said my dad chose my name." He explained briefly.
"I don't know why my mom called me Belle. I think it's after the princess though." She grinned, and wondered if she had made a new friend.


Belle honestly didn't expect to have fun with Axel. Sure, his name was a little weird, but he was nice once he actually spoke to her. She was sure that the two of them would be really good friends, maybe even best friends! She also came to the conclusion that if school didn't have classes, it would be a lot more fun.
She was having fun until something unexpected happened...


He kissed her! She didn't kiss him, he kissed her. That's the way it went. It wasn't just a peck on the cheek either, it was a mommy and daddy style kiss! On the mouth and everything!
Belle honestly thought adult kisses were a little gross with it being on the mouth, but this kiss wasn't all gross and sloppy. Perhaps it was just adults that kissed sloppily.


Back when Belle was home, it was the twins' birthdays. Ashton went first because he was technically the oldest out of the two of them. Alyssa helped him blow out the candles on the cute little carrot cake.


Damon then helped Melody blow out her candle on her cake. She was the second born, and his and Alyssa's little surprise they didn't know about.


The twins looked rather alike, but their hair and eye colours seemed to be opposites. Melody got her mom's eyes and her dad's hair colour, whereas Ashton got his dad's eyes and his mom's hair colour. They both had one similarity though.
They were both werewolves.

Chapter 2.11 First Bad Steps                                                                                         
______________________________
AN: Ashton looks so derpy in that last picture. I tried getting a picture of them both, and one always looked cute but the other either had their eyes closed or was derping out. I decided to go with this one because it wasn't quite so derpy.

All the kids have had birthdays, so I don't need to worry about those for a while. Speaking of kids, on to Belle. I wasn't intending on that kiss when I first started writing this chapter, but then I was like "Why not?" so there we go. We'll be seeing Belle's little boyfriend again, I promise. She's not that much of floozy ;)

On a real life note, my arm's all hurty. I had to have a tetanus injection yesterday, and it had to be in the arm I already have an injury on. I think my right arm should just be known as my painful arm.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, why do they mention Damon spending time with his ex? Now I'm worried he's a cheater, or that Alyssa will think he is one. And Rosie has a bad feeling, and Belle feels a bit jealouse.

    Atleast Axel turned out to be a bit different than anticipated. And he's to young to be any bad right? Right?

    And the two cute toddlers turnes out to be werewolves :D I'm imagening them chewing up the furniture and stuff. Maybe their uncle Connor would like to babysit them, he loves dogs after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's all part of my plan, sweetie ;) I can't actually say what's going to happen though. To be fair though, Rosie is protective over Alyssa. and doesn't want her to get hurt.

      Axel is different than expected, and he's not any bad. That, I promise.

      The toddlers are quite cute, aren't they? I suppose Alyssa just makes cute babies.
      Haha, I doubt Connor would want to babysit. He and Sabrina actually have a toddler of their own so even though he loves dogs, I doubt he would want to be around his part werewolf niece and nephew.

      Delete
  2. I've decided that Damon is still married and Alyssa is his second wife! I will need proof that is not true, please.

    Yay! The twins are werewolves :D I'm happy about that for some reason. If they had been boys, you could have named them Romulus and Remus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you outright that he is not still married, and Alyssa is not his mistress. That would be a pretty cool idea though, but it's not mine.

      I'm a little ashamed to say I don't get the reference... But yay for werewolves and howling and scratching up furniture! Oh geez, they're gonna be expensive.

      Delete
  3. I still stand by what I said previously- I love Belle <3. She aged up well. Just out of curiosity, did she inherit her dad's hidden French trait or not?
    Axel looks sweet, if a bit forward. It was a bit of a mean move of Elvie to abandon Belle though - she was the one who looked forward to play with her!
    I love how Alyssa has regular coffee dates with her sister/sister-in-law. It's nice to see that she still has regular contact with her family :).
    Yay for werewolf toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love Belle. I love her too, but I'm heavily based on looks, so I'm a bit superficial. I'm not so sure if she has the trait or not. She can sing the French songs, but I've not seen much else... Hm.

      Axel's forwardness is due to me getting Carried (haha, Carrie, get it?) away with it. It was a little bit mean of Elvie, but she just got distracted.

      It felt weird to me to not have her keep in contact with them, like the other week I was talking to a second cousin that's twenty something and it seems surreal to not at least keep in contact with your own sister.
      Yay for werewolves! I'm not so sure how I'm gonna write them though...

      Delete
  4. I'm finally caught up!

    I love Belle, and that was hilarious how she didn't want to go to school. "My mom's cool" haha.

    I agree, it's really nice that Alyssa, Rosie, and Sabrina have coffee dates together. Although I hope they will not be a bad influence on Alyssa, making her paranoid.

    Aw, Belle and Axel are cute. I'm interested to see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Confetti canons* Woo! Yay for catching up!

      I'm glad you love Belle, I love writing her. I'm partially thinking of going with rolling for heir rather than a vote. (I previously rolled and got Belle).
      She honestly did think her mom was cool enough to not force her into going to school. How wrong she was.

      It is nice, however Alyssa can be rather easily influenced by her big sister and sister in law.

      I'm glad you like them, I have plans for them.

      Delete
  5. I liked the coffee date with Rosie and Sabrina, I keep meaning to have my heirs stay in contact with their siblings and then failing to. I also love that double bassinet you've got the twins in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to get them all together again, it seems odd to me how siblings wouldn't keep in touch, when even my nan and her siblings and all my mums cousins and my second cousins all get together. I thought at least siblings should.

      The bassinet was actually done with OMSP and move objects on. There are no double strollers! So the twins were just on the OMSP blocks and raised up.
      The bassinet is here by the way: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=376393

      Delete
  6. Forgive me, it's been awhile, but I'm trying to place the cousins, Loretta and Elvie, are they Connor's or Rosie's kids? So nice that Belle's birthday involved so many family members though! That's exciting...even if she didn't get a pony :P

    Ah, they must be Rosie's kids.

    LOL. Yes Belle. School is hard and you have to think a lot. LOLLLL @ Alyssa having to pull her off the bed. That part never seems to change, no matter how old you get.

    Yeesh, that was kind of rude of Rosie and Sabrina. Why would they assume Damon is cheating just because he spends time with his daughter?

    D'awww, Melody's so cute as a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine. I think it's a sign I should make a family tree to make things more clear. I often forget that others can't just click on the little family tree thing. Every girl's wish is for a pony. I really wanted one but it was too much responsibility, that and my mum said the rabbits wouldn't want to share their hutch with a horse :(

      Loretta is Connor's daughter, and Elvie is Rosie's daughter.

      School just plain sucks, and I think Belle realized that beforehand (that and she thought her mom would just let her stay at home, which didn't go to plan.) Ten years later after starting school, and I still hate it.

      It was rather rude of them, but they really did feel that way. They hadn't spent all too much time with Damon, and it was the fact of him spending time with his daughter (who was at his ex wife's house) that made them suspicious.

      She is a cutie, she's fun to write for too <3

      Delete
  7. New toddlers, yay! It's always so exciting to get out of the infant stage and actually get an idea of what they're going to look like. They're both so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so exciting! I love seeing what they're supposed to look like. I think it's the most fun age up bit because it's like you meet a new person ^-^
      They were both adorable as toddlers <3

      Delete