Tuesday 16 September 2014

Chapter 2.24 Hide No Seek

Today was the day.


It was Belle's teenage birthday! She was up and awake hours before everyone else. She was just too excited to sleep! She was going to be a teenager, who can sleep when something so important is going to happen?


She just hoped that once she was a teenager, she could actually see herself in the mirror. She knew that when she was a teenager, she was going to wear her hair down instead of the usual ponytail. She wanted a change with her hairstyle.


Belle smiled at the big, purple birthday cake. It was all hers. She knew she would have to wait a while before she could have any of it though. She had to go to school first, but she wanted to go to high school on her actual birthday. Maybe they would sing to her! They did that in her school now.
Considering it though, they probably wouldn't sing. It seemed rather embarrassing for the person who had Happy Birthday being sung to them.


She had to think for a while what she would wish for. She already had so much. She had a loving family and amazing friends. Was there anything else she really needed? There was still one thing she wondered about; her dad. She knew that she didn't exactly need to meet him though, but it would still be nice to know.


She blew out her candles, wishing that she could meet all of her family. She wanted to meet her dad most of all. She recalled that her mom once mentioned her dad, and that her mom named her after what her dad used to call her mom, but that was it. That was all she knew about him. She wanted to know at least a little bit more.


Alyssa felt herself starting to tear up. Belle wasn't supposed to be in high school! Belle was her little girl, not her high school aged little girl. "Can you please stop getting older?" She asked, laughing a little to hide the fact she was actually being serious.
"It's not like I can help it Mom." Belle smiled in return. "By the way, can you teach me how to drive after school?" She asked sweetly, grinning. She wanted to be able to drive as soon as she can.


"We'll see." She answered briefly. It mostly depended on if Alyssa could come to terms with her eldest daughter being a teenager.
"Please? Please, please please?" She asked sweetly. "Everyone else will be learning how to drive." She pouted.
"We'll see." Alyssa repeated. "Definitely not if you're late for school though." She pointed out, and Belle went off to school, grumbling about not getting a yes do being able to drive.


"She kept saying 'We'll see' I mean, is that a yes or a no? It's probably a no." Belle sighed, complaining about her mom to her cousin. "It usually is always a no. Like when I wanted a pony, that was a 'we'll see'. I never got one."
"Yeah." Elvira murmured, and yawned. "It's probably what you thought it was." The bell rung, but neither of the girls made all too much of an effort to move as the hallways emptied. The two of them hadn't been in the same school since Elvie had become a teenager, catch up time was needed.
Belle frowned though. "Were you even listening?" Belle was rather hurt. How could her cousin not actually listen to her? They were finally the same age again, which was nice, but if her cousin refused to listen to her, was there any need for catching up time?


"I was listening, I was." Elvie  insisted as she yawned again, clearly tired even though it was only the third lesson of the day. "I'm just tired." She shrugged simply, but knew by the look Belle gave her that it would be questioned on.
"Is something going on? You know you can tell me if there is." Belle had a feeling that it was something more than just Elvie being tired. Her cousin was usually a good listener, it was weird for her to be all zoned out and tired.


"My mom's just being herself as usual, but she's been acting weird lately. She keeps saying how she's been having weird dreams and she's just grouchy all the time." Elvie sighed. "I'm kinda worried about her." She then noticed her cousin grinning like an idiot, and rolled her eyes. "Your boyfriend is behind me, isn't he?" She asked.
"He is." Belle grinned, and waved at him. She then shook her head, knowing it was sistas before mistas. "That doesn't matter though. You want to talk to me, and something's going on with you so talk." Belle smiled at her cousin.
Elvie shook her head. "Nah, it doesn't matter all too much. My mom's just being weird. Go talk to him, and remember, even though the halls are mostly empty, it's a public place." Elvie winked, then walked off as Axel approached her.


"Hey." Belle grinned, her arms going around Axel. She didn't know what it was, but she felt her heart race that little bit more around him now, and she knew that she could just spend all day with him, and never get tired of him. Was it because she was a teenager now? Maybe, or maybe he's just cuter as a teenager. She grinned even more to herself.
He laughed a little at the fact she wasn't in class."And I'm supposed to be the bad influence. Your first day here and you're skipping?" He smirked, and shook his head slightly. "What was up with your cousin?" He asked, intrigued.
Belle frowned slightly. "Something about my Aunt Rosie. Elvie was saying she's been acting weirdly." She sighed. "And you are a bad influence on me. I wouldn't be skipping if you weren't here to keep me from my class." She pointed out.


"I guess I should make you skipping worth it then." He opened his locker which was nearby, and handed her a birthday present. "I wasn't so sure what exactly you'd like, You know I'm not good with this sort of stuff." He smiled rather sheepishly, hoping that she'd like the earrings he had got her. He didn't know what else to get girls other than jewelry and flowers. He was glad that the woman behind the counter was helpful.
Belle grinned when she opened it, "They're perfect. They even go with what I'm wearing." She smiled at him as she wrapped her arms around him lazily, and his arms went around her waist. She kissed him softly.


He felt like yelling 'halle-freaking-lujah' when she liked them. It wasn't like she was difficult to shop for, he just wasn't all too good at it. In hind sight, he was glad he didn't yell it as it would have been a mood killer. "So you really like them then?" He honestly felt rather proud of himself. He had managed to buy something for a girl all on his own (with some help off the sales woman).
"They're perfect. Thank you." She smiled at him, and when there was the sound of footsteps around the corner, the two of them ran off for another place to hide. No way in hell was she going to class just yet! Luckily, under the stairs was a good place to hide.


They both listened out for the sound of feet going up the stairs. When the footsteps dimmed out, Belle whispered. "Where are we going to go? We can't go to class now, they'll keep us back after school." She frowned.
"Trust me." He took her hand in his, and kissed it quickly. "I know somewhere we can hide." He grinned at her, and after checking the coast was clear, he set off with her to go to the perfect hiding place.


"Are you sure no one will come in here?" Belle asked, glancing around the study room. It was perfectly empty, but there were books everywhere.
"I'm perfectly sure. All the teachers are busy teaching, and if any other students come in here, they'll feel to awkward and not want to stay." He shrugged simply, grinning.
She grinned back at him. "Very clever. Are you sure you've not done this before?"
"Who else would I do this with?" He asked in reply, looking at her.


Belle honestly could have stayed all day there with Axel. She loved it when it was just the two of them alone somewhere. He wasn't like any of the other guys, (or at least what she knew other guys could be like) he was special.
"So, what did you wish for?" He asked, smiling at her. "Did you wish for a pony again?" He smirked. "Or did you wish for a unicorn this time?" He teased, grinning.
Belle sighed, and sat up. "Promise you won't laugh if I tell you what I wished for? And no, it wasn't any type of horse this time around."


"I was only teasing, you know I wouldn't laugh. What did you wish for?" He asked, his hand going to caress her cheek, "You don't have to tell me, if you think it won't come true if you do."
She shook her head slightly. "It probably won't come true anyway." She muttered, then confessed. "I wished to be able to meet my dad." She quickly added to the end "I know it's stupid. I've never met him, and my mom hasn't seen him since... Well, since me and I just wanted one of the questions in my life to be answered. I want to meet my dad." She frowned.


"You know, whatever you want to do about this, I'll always be there for you. I'll even fly all the way out to France with you so you can meet him if that's really what you want to do." He smiled at her, holding her close to him.
She smiled at him, and shook her head. "It's fine. Whatever happens, happens. You know what I mean? I should probably just stop thinking about it." She then smiled slightly. "Besides, the wish won't come true now I've told you."


Alyssa realized that she hadn't been in the little office space for a very long time. She remembered that Belle was once small enough to fit in that little swing, and now her daughter was a teenager! A teenager! She sighed, and noticed that there was a message on the phone. She pressed the button to play the message.
"Bonjour?" It was a masculine voice, and Alyssa's eyes widened when she realized who it was. Only French guy she actually knew. It was Matteo's voice. Belle's father's voice.


"Commet alez-vous, mon Belle? Je suis très bien et..." There was then the sound of him laughing a little. "Je suis désolé, I mean, I'm sorry. I forget we don't speak the same language. I'm sorry it took me a long time to answer, I was scared. I didn't know what to do with a baby. I'm not scared now though, and I know he or she likely isn't a baby anymore. I would like to meet him or her, if it's okay? Call soon, s'il vous plait." And the message ended there. Alyssa honestly had no clue what to do. So for now, she just sat down in the chair, and replayed the message, making sure she did hear right.

Chapter 2.23 Dress Up and Happiness                                                    
______________________________

AN: Hah ha! My new school planner is somewhat useful! I got the French words from there, and for those of you that don't speak it and who have to rely on their planners/google translate like me, Matteo said "Hello? How are you my beautiful? I'm very well and..." "I'm sorry. I mean I'm sorry. (English English English)... Call soon, please."
Heh, Carrie knows very basic French :3 I figured he would speak a little bit of French, I speak English a lot in my Spanish speaking exams.

For those of you that don't remember, Axel was the guy who Belle kissed on her first day of school and Elvie is her cousin (Rosie's daughter) :) I really need to get a family tree sorted out...

I'm not so sure what else to say, (other than 11 days until mu birthday! <3) Not a lot has been happening lately other than I got more in my performing arts performance, and we're going to be performing it soon and I get to make the stage look all creepy and dangerous <3 Hehe. Happy Carrie is Carrie that gets to make things creepy

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Belle doesn't look anything I imagined her to! She's cute, I just thought she'd look a lot more like her mum. So Axel want's to fly with Belle to France? Maybe not that good of an idea, considering what Alyssa ended up doing there :D
    Well maybe she'll get her wish come true and meet her father. Hope she doesn't get dissapointed.

    What is this with Rosie, is it Melancholias doing? I'm not surprised seeing that you like staging creepy and dangerous, but it sounds fun atleast. Yay for performing arts and stages! And birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really has changed from child to teenager. I honest to God didn't think it was her, she looks so different. I think she only got the purple eyes from Alyssa, and kinda the nose shape.
      France (Paris) is the city of love ;) You never know what might happen there. But Belle isn't going to go there for a while, not until she's at least an adult.
      Maybe she her wish will come true, even though she did tell someone it.

      What's going on with Rosie is Melancholia's doing.
      :D The play we're doing is kinda disturbing, so it needs a disturbing setting. I've got all these ideas for graffiti and glass and barbed wire and a dead body outline there (not a real one, we don't have the funds), it's perfect in my head <3

      Delete
  2. I left a comment on the last one! I know I did. And I went and looked and it's not there. *kicks Blogger. Stupid blogger. I feel all bad now leaving this one. :(

    Wow! Belle is very different looking than I imagined how she'd look as a teen! Don't you love it when that happens? Surprise! It's not the sim you thought you were getting! Mmm, Axel is so cute all worried. lol. Poor teen boy.

    Hmmm... Elvie is even being kept up by Rosie's dreams? That's not good. Does that mean she might be able to head things off?

    Uh oh. Matteo suddenly changing his mind? I really hope that doesn't spell trouble for any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine. I know blogger can be a pain in the behind. You shouldn't feel bad, sweetie.

      She does look a lot different than what she did as a child. It is quite a nice surprise, I'm just happy that she looked alright. A few of the tries in CAS seeing what Alyssa and Matteo looked like together didn't turn out all too pretty, but Belle's pretty so yay!

      Mmm, she is and it's not good for either of them. Whether or not they'd be able to see what was going to happen and divert it... You'll have to wait ;)

      Uh oh indeed. Alyssa's not so sure what to do about that phone call she got. What she does decide to do will be figured out next chapter.

      Delete
  3. Belle <3. I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again: I love her. She looks so amazing as a teen. She and Axel makes a cute couple too. :D

    Elvie getting kept up by Rosie's dreams is ominous. :/ "Grief, breakup, bad dreams, guilt, strain, divorce, suicide." I thought it referred to Alyssa (in which case only the divorce and suicide is outstanding?), but now I don't know. I'm worried. :(

    All this talk about your performing arts performances really takes me back. :) I played in every play I could during school, so it's rather nostalgic. And lol, I read your comment to Urunwa as "a dead body (not a real one, we don't have the funds)" and went what??? Only then did I notice the 'outline' part. Sounds fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look really pretty as a teenager, and I know your love of her. Unfortunately, she's not going to be heir. The coin landed on tails.
      She and Axel are cute. I tried to make them cute but I'm not all too good with cute. Heh

      The first two (possible three) refer to Alyssa in Melancholia's plan. I'm sorry for making you worried m'dear, but the things will fall as they may (is that the saying? I think it is...)

      Ah, a fellow performer? I love performing. We're doing the play Blackout and it's set in a choral way (where we each say a line at random points to show the character can be anyone. I'm the main at one point and I get questioned and get to cut off my hair xD)

      Ah, yes. My performing arts class is going on a murder hunt to find the best body to use on stage ;) watch out.
      Hehe, just kidding. It is going to be really fun. A Carrie that gets to be creepy is a happy Carrie :3

      Delete
  4. Belle looks lovely as a teen, but what a coincidence that her father should choose now to get in contact... (not that I'm suspicious or anything)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look really pretty as a teen <3 I think she may be one of the prettiest teens I've had.
      If you think a certain fairy had something to do with it, I'm sorry to disappoint but it wasn't her who somehow orchestra-d it. She has something much worse planned (which I'm about to post in like, 5 minutes.)

      Delete
  5. Hmm, now I'm worried about Rosie.

    Aw, Belle and Axel are sweet together so far. It seems that he really wants to make her happy.

    I'm pretty excited to see Matteo come back into the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Rosie's not been sleeping all too well, and it's getting to her family too.

      He really does want to make her happy, and he'll do anything to make her happy.

      I'm not sure as of yet how much Matteo is going to be in the story, I think it may just be part of a chapter or a full one. I don't know.

      Delete
  6. Belle turned out cute! Such fabulous hair too... but skipping classes on your first day of high school already? This is going to spell trouble...

    I like how each of your kids gets a different birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did turn out really pretty ^-^ the hair is a newsea hair, I can't quite remember the name off the top of my head, but if you check Belle's download page, I linked to the hair there.
      Troublesome Belle indeed! Tsk tsk.

      I like playing around with all the cc cakes, and it always seemed odd to me that everyone had the exact same cake design.

      Delete