Sunday 28 September 2014

Chapter 2.26 The Only One

Tick, tick, tick, tick


Everything was going a lot slower now. Minutes felt like hours, and when an hour finally did pass, it was just met with more dreadful waiting. Tyler honestly felt as if the clock in front of him was mocking him somehow.
The only thing he could think of was Alyssa, and whether or not she was okay.


He and Belle had just been out on a driving lesson, and when they got home, no one was downstairs and there was the sound of Maya barking and growling.
"Is that Maya?" Belle asked, "I guess she must have gotten to one of the stuffed toys." She laughed lightly.
Tyler frowned, getting a bad feeling. Even though Maya was an Alsatian, she hardly ever growled or got angry at anything. Something was wrong, very wrong. "Check on your little brother, I'll make sure your mom's okay." He went upstairs.
Confused, Belle followed him upstairs but she went into Nathaniel's room.


He wasn't so sure what to expect when he found her, but his expectations were far from what he saw. He saw Maya nuzzling up to Alyssa and pining, whereas Alyssa wasn't moving at all. He was frozen just looking at her, a million things going around his mind about what could be wrong with her.
"Alyssa?" He asked, and knelt down next to her, he honestly hoped she just fell asleep. She was complaining that she was tired earlier.


She was cold, colder than what someone who was just asleep should be. "Alyssa?" He repeated, wondering what the hell had happened. He and Belle had been out for less than two hours, how could something so bad have happened so quickly?
He was relieved by the fact that she was still breathing, and that she still had a pulse. It was slow, but she was still there. She was still breathing. He got out his phone, and dialed an ambulance.


Before going, Tyler told Belle briefly what had happened (only mentioning that something was wrong and Alyssa needed to go to hospital.) and he asked her to stay at home until the twins got home from their after school activities and then either her aunt or uncle would be able to drive them up to the hospital. He felt bad about leaving Belle on her own, but what else could he do? He couldn't let the twins come back to an empty house, but then again he couldn't just wait here while Alyssa was hardly even breathing. What else could he do but suggest that Belle waited there for a while? What else could be done?


Nothing else could be done. All that he could do was hope that Alyssa and the baby were alright. He honestly didn't understand how she could go from being perfectly fine one moment and a while later unconscious.
Tyler felt guilty. Maybe if he hadn't have gone out driving with Belle, Alyssa might have been alright. He couldn't help but feel as if he could have stopped all this from happening. He could have stopped it from happening if he was there with her.
He took a shaky breath, resting his forehead on his forearms as he tried to repress memories.


He remembered when he first met her. She was rather tipsy, probably didn't know fully what she was saying, but she was flirting with him.
"So, if we were together, what would happen if I did make you jealous?" He asked, remembering that he was trying to be as cool as he could be. It wasn't an everyday occurrence that a girl like her would talk to him. He also recalled that the line sounded a lot more smooth in his head than it did aloud.
"Then I'll do something crazy to prove you're mine." She answered simply, grinning. He remembered the slight hint of mischief behind her violet eyes.
"Like what?" He asked, amused. He honestly wanted to see what she would do, wondering what the 'something crazy' was.
Alyssa grinned, "Like this." And she wrapped her arms around his back, and kissed him.


He also remembered when he and Alyssa convinced her sister that they were together, and that Belle was his.
"See? I told you that I would cope." It was weird thinking of Alyssa not being able to cope with a baby. She was an amazing mother to Belle, Ashton, Melody and Nathaniel. She was a real life supermom, managing to keep all four of her children happy, and managing a career too (even though she paid much more attention to her children than her career). He also knew that she'd be amazing with their daughter too...

If she was alright.


He knew somewhere deep down that she would be alright, he knew that she would be fine, but there was that little voice in the back of his head that reminded him that there could be a chance that she wasn't okay, and that the last thing he said to her was about that phone call.


He wanted a future with her, he wanted her to be his forever. She was by far the best thing in his life, and she was the only one who made him so incomprehensibly happy. He loved her, and he knew that she loved him. He knew that they were (as cheesy as it may be) made for each other. She was the only one for him.
He didn't want to say goodbye to her.
"Tyler?" He heard someone call his name, and for a moment he was optimistic because it sounded like Alyssa. But it wasn't her.


It was Rosie, with the kids in tow. Rosie's and Alyssa's voice were very similar after all, they were half sisters. The only difference was that Rosie's voice was a little hoarser, deeper and mature than Alyssa's was.
Rosie walked up to him."Have they said anything?" She asked, frowning and Tyler simply shook his head in response.
"They said they'd let me know on her condition when they knew more." He sighed. It was over an hour ago that they said that, and no one had even been down into the reception area.


Rosie sighed slightly. "I think the kids are a little tired. When they get worse, I'll take them back home." She murmured, yawning.
Tyler frowned. "Is everything alright, Rosie? You look really tired." He spoke rather cautiously, knowing that Rosie already wasn't his biggest fan ever since he and Alyssa lied to her.
"I'm fine. I've just not been sleeping all too well." She responded, sharply. She sighed, "Sorry. Can you get me a coffee? I think there's a machine upstairs."
"Sure thing. Make sure the kids don't get in trouble." Tyler soon left, and Rosie say down on the chair next to Belle,


"So, Elvie tells me that you have a boyfriend." Rosie started, grinning while keeping hold of Nathaniel who keeps trying to squirm away.
"Yeah." Belle mumbled idly, more wrapped up in her own thoughts. What if something did happen to her mom? Then what? She wouldn't have a mom, and she'd have to chance of ever meeting her father. Unless, if her aunt knew something? "Do you know anything about my dad?" She asked.


Nathaniel soon scampered off over to Ashton and Melody, and Rosie looked up as she thought about it. "You're dad? I don't really know Belle. All I know is that your mom once told me it was Tyler-" Belle's eyes widened, and she pretty much blanked out the rest of what her aunt was saying. She honestly had no idea what to even think. Tyler couldn't be her dad, could he? No, he couldn't. She didn't look anything like him, and her mom kept saying that her dad was French. Belle was fairly sure Tyler wasn't French.


"I know Tyler's not my dad, Aunt Rosie." She sighed. "That and mom says I got my hair colour from my dad."
Rosie furrowed her eyebrows. "That's what I said. He and your mom lied to me quite a while ago." She summed up, and Belle realized she probably should have been listening. "I don't know anything other than that. But I do know you didn't get your hair colour from your dad. I'm fairly sure you got it from your grandmother." She smiled slightly. "Your mom still thinks your grandma was naturally blonde." Rosie laughed, leaving Belle confused.


Tyler pressed the button that made the coffee on the machine. He was going to make himself one too, based on he had no clue how long he'd be here for. In a way, he would prefer to just wait because the last thing he wanted to get was bad news.


"Look, its getting kinda late, I should get going." He murmured, standing up. He remembered that she had asked what was between them, and neither of them knew. That moment, he thought that whatever it was between him and Alyssa was all in his head.
"Wait, can you help me up?" She held her arms out. "I can't really stand up all too well with my tail." She half smiled, lifting her legs up and down a little like she actually was a mermaid.
"Fine, but only because you make a cute mermaid." He grinned at her, helping her up. He really did like her Halloween costume too. 


He remembered they were just there, staring into each other's eyes. So, he took his chance. When else was he going to get a chance again? He kissed her softly, and held her close. He knew what there was between them then was real. Of course it was real. How could it not be? What they shared was special, and what they still share is still special. She really is the only one for him.


"Mr Matthews?" A blue doctor came up to Tyler. He couldn't quite tell if she was being pleasant of seldom.
"I uh, me and Alyssa  aren't married. Is she and the baby okay?" He asked quickly, feeling dread at the response. A large part of him didn't want to know, just in case it was bad news.
"She's fine, most likely resting from her c-section. The baby's fine too. What happened to her was-" Tyler didn't hear all too much after that. He was just relieved that she was alright, and he couldn't help but grin at the thought of the fact he could still be with her.
"Which room is she in?" He asked, wanting to see her, and wanting to meet his daughter. Wow, that was weird to think. He had a daughter.
"She's upstairs, the room adjacent to the nursery." As soon as the doctor said that, he was off. Rude as it may be, he was worried about Alyssa, and hurting someone's feelings didn't exactly cross his mind. He was more focused on seeing Alyssa and meeting their daughter.


He hesitated slightly outside of her room, still finding it weird how he was a dad now. He saw Alyssa cooing and cuddling their daughter, oblivious to the fact he was stood outside of the door. She seemed mostly focused on the baby. He slowly opened the door, which managed to get her attention.


She grinned at him when he came in, almost as if her life wasn't hanging in the balance only hours ago. The room she was almost like a sauna, it was really warm in there and yet she still managed with being in warmer clothes. "Look who it is Junie." Alyssa cooed to the baby. She then smiled sheepishly "I kinda already gave her a name; Juniper." She told him, as he walked over to her.


He kissed her softly, so happy to see her again. He was more than happy. He was elated, thrilled, overjoyed. It honestly felt as if the world had been lifted off his shoulders now he knew that she was okay. She was okay, and their baby was okay.
Alyssa pulled away after a while when Juniper started to make little mewling noised. "I think someone doesn't like the attention not being on her." She grinned, cuddling the baby close.


Alyssa shuffled over in the bed slightly, once Juniper was happy again. She looked at him expectantly for a while before asking. "Don't you want to sit on here with me?"
"Am I allowed? I don't think the hospital staff are happy as it is..." He trailed off. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he just didn't want to get in trouble because of it.
She scoffed. "What's the worst that could happen? Come on." She patted the space next to herself, grinning at him,


He sat down next to her on the bed, one arm going around her and the other supporting the baby's head a little better. "So, you've called her Juniper?" He asked, raising an eyebrow,
Alyssa smiled slightly, sheepishly. "Yeah, Juniper. Like the plant." She clarified, then explained. "They wanted a name for her, and I couldn't really think of one. There was a juniper tree outside so..." She shrugged slightly.
"I think it's perfect for her." He grinned. He was a little disappointed he was left out of the naming conversation, but Juniper seemed like a pretty perfect name. He stayed quiet for a while before asking. "Do you remember what happened?" He wanted to know, based on he had found her passed out when he and Belle returned back home. That reminded him, he should probably go and tell them that Alyssa's awake now, then again, he did want a little bit longer with it being just the three of them.


Alyssa shook her head in response to his question. "I don't remember. I remember being in Juniper's room, then everything went dark and I woke up here with her in the little cot thing there." She explained, frowning lightly. "I think the doctor said it was something similar to hypothermia, but that doesn't make any sense. I can't complain about the room being warm and toasty though," She smiled slightly.
"I'm just happy you two are alright." He muttered, and kissed her on the cheek.
She smirked. "Whatever it was, it's going to take a lot more to do anything bad to me." She spoke confidently.

Chapter 2.25 Sweet Dreams                                                                                    
______________________________

AN: I liked going back though all the moments Alyssa and Tyler shared. Ah, memories :3 All the dialog following the sepia/memorific photos was the speech I wrote a while ago. Only the spoken words were taken. The written words out of the speech was now time wrote.

I'm happy that I can finally use Juniper's name. If was difficult referring to her as fifth baby. I always wanted to use pro nouns but then it would give something away... *sigh*

It's been a real busy weekend this weekend. My brother left home and went to Uni yesterday which was also my birthday so... Yeah. And personal advertising as those last few poses (with the baby) were my own (and game animations). Thank you to Sunny who helped me with the kiss pose. I think it turned out pretty damn good.

Last thing, I got a comment a while ago where someone got confused between the cousins, so I made a family tree: http://www.familyecho.com/?p=PE86M&c=5pvl7bnp86&f=870423541785469144

Thanks for reading 

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, and I'm so glad you didn't kill her ;)

    It's a really sweet chapter, love the pictures. And it was fun seeing their first meeting from Tylers point of view; pretending to be such a smooth talker. Juniper is a great name. It's cute how she hated Spirits name, then names her own daughter after a tree :D

    It always amazes me how tough Alyssa actually is. I like to think Melancholia didn't pick the easiest target. It's not always about who can hit hardest. But her last comment makes it pretty certain she's far from safe yet. To bad she doesn't remember anything. Does Rosie know anything about Melancholia? Or would that be a spoiler?

    The Matthews have gotten one big family already though. Careful so they don't take over your town :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3 I'm the big 1-5 now :D (not that big when a lot of you guys are late 20's early 30's but still!) and I could never kill Alyssa. I love her too much <3

      I think I may have gone a little bit nuts on the sepia tone memory-ish pictures. I like them too though.
      I kinda pictured teen Tyler as kind of a nerdy guy that isn't all too good at flirting. He tried his very best with Alyssa though, and he succeeded so yay him.
      The irony of it is only apparent to me now. Most of her hatred towards Spirit's name was based on the fact that Spirit was with Tyler. Plus I love the name Juniper. I was considering naming her Jasmine but I prefer Juniper.

      Alyssa is a real tough cookie, and she has been through a lot but I think the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" applies for her. Melancholia sure as hell didn't pick an easy target, but there is more to follow as she isn't going to be happy.
      Rosie doesn't know anything about Melancholia. All she gets is weird cryptic dreams.

      I need to castrate Connor and Sabrina(and not because they're too aggressive (psychology joke)). They've got 4, soon 5 (Sabrina's pregnant, again.) kids all on their own! I've never had any sims breed like that! Neither of them have the family oriented trait either! I think their family is just overly fertile.

      Delete
  2. Happy (belated now, I guess) birthday! Btw, I really love the set you used for the hospital. <3 It is just amazing.

    Tyler really is sweet. I love how he considers her the only one for him, despite everything they've been through (or maybe it's because?). Maybe now we'll get to see that summer wedding after all XD. (Well, maybe not a summer one, but a wedding nevertheless.)

    I enjoyed the references to the past; not only the ones between Tyler and Alyssa, but also with Rosie and Belle and the hair colour. I lol'ed at Alyssa still thinking her mother was naturally blond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3 and belated still counts as it's been a long birthday weekend for me, haha.
      I got the set from another place (can't remember where) and I added my own little bit of flare.

      He is really sweet, and I think their relationship is stronger now because they've been with others and know it didn't feel quite as happy as it did when the two of them were together.
      Summer wedding (or even wedding at all, I may be mean) is still a thing of the future. The weather in the picture should give a few hints.

      It was fun diving back on the past. When I get over the initial cringe, I realize that I am quite proud of what I've wrote :3
      Erin had the incident with the accidental hair dye long before Alyssa was even born so Alyssa's only ever known her mom having blonde (kinda brown with fading and roots) hair.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! May this year be better than the last.

    Thank goodness Alyssa survived! What a pity she doesn't remember who did it to her. At least that might be something Rosie could go on if she told her.

    Aw! Poor Tyler. I bet he's worried sick there. It shows in how flustered he was about what to do with the other kids, not just in how he ran out on the doctor. Hopefully the doctor will be able to give them a better explanation as to what happened when he gives her a chance. lol Yay for baby number 5! Congrats! You've got 'em born, now to finish raising 'em!

    Smart Belle! Using that opportunity to ask Rosie what she might know. It's really forefront on her mind, isn't it?

    Your poses turned out great! Lol. I wasn't much help. It was all you. You should be very proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3 and I very much hope this year is better than last year.

      I wasn't going to let her die, and I purposely made her not remember who Melancholia was for a future plot. I didn't want her to be all too cautious.

      Poor him indeed. I wanted him to seem somewhat calm, but at the same time all flustered and freaking out and stuff.
      Haha, yes, maybe if the doctor could get a word in, he would know what actually happened. In his defense, he wanted to meet Juniper.
      Finally, all five are done. No more excuses for whoopsy babies. Some of them are like, half raised. Like Belle, she can do stuff on her own now

      It is very much on her mind. She wants to know about her dad a lot because she kinda feels like she doesn't have all too much a family, even though she has a boat load of half siblings.

      You did help me with all the kissey parts, and giving me links for the elbows and hands stuff and all that jazz.
      Proudness is not a strong suit of mine however. They kinda beat that out of you at school now.

      Delete
  4. The way Tyler just kept thinking back on his memories was really sweet and showed how worried he was! It's nice to have a little recap, too.

    I also like the reminder Rosie gave us. She was a mischievous kid, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to recap on things, and I liked going back on past events of chapters. After I got over the initial cringe of it being my writing, I liked it.
      Tyler is a really sweet guy.

      Ah, I loved writing for Rosie when she was little. I loved her not-so-thought-through plans.

      Delete
  5. Phew, I'm glad Alyssa and the baby are fine! But that surely wasn't the last we've seen of that evil sugary fairy...

    Juniper is an adorable name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyssie and baby were fine, I wouldn't be so cruel as to kill her this early (or would I?) and nope, we haven't seen the last of Melancholia just yet.

      I'm glad you like it, you'll be seeing it quite a lot :D

      Delete