Thursday 18 September 2014

Chapter 2.25 Sweet Dreams

"Bonjour? Commet alez-vous, mon Belle?"


Alyssa just stared bleakly at the phone. She had heard the message so many times over and over. She could almost say it word for word (if she actually knew French, which she didn't.)
"So, that's Belle's dad?" Tyler asked, looking at the phone too. Alyssa nodded simply, not saying anything more. If it was up to her, she wouldn't have told him, but she kind of had to.


He was being his usual sweet self as always, and Alyssa was thinking about how great of a dad he was going to be. Her mind then wandered off to think about how her other children's dads haven't been around, and then she remembered the call from Matteo, and then she felt bad about keeping it from him and she remembered that relationships were supposed to be built on trust...
And then the water works started.


When he heard her crying, he stood up and asked what was wrong. It took a while before what she was blubbering on about actually made any sense, but she managed to tell him what was actually the matter.
Looking back on it, Alyssa blamed the tears on her hormones.


Alyssa nodded. "That's Belle's dad." She sighed. It was rather clear that it wasn't too much of a comfortable thing to talk about, based on Matteo was the guy she cheated on Tyler with all that time ago.
"Right." He muttered, not so sure what to say in this situation. Funnily enough, this type of thing has never actually happened before. "Has she ever asked about her dad before?" He asked.


"Once she did. It was after Damon and I had a fight. I think she overheard him saying something about her dad and got curious. Other than that, she's never really mentioned it." She sighed, honestly unsure of what to do. Would it be wrong if she never told Belle about the phone call? A part of Alyssa wanted to be enough for Belle so that her daughter would never even need to ask about her father. She frowned, "What do you think I should do? Should I tell her?"


Tyler shook his head slightly, "I honestly don't know." He sighed, glancing at the phone then back at her. "I think you should tell her because she'll probably get angry at you if she finds out and you didn't tell her."
Alyssa nodded lightly, "Yeah, I should tell her sooner or later but I just don't know how to." She sighed, and continued with. "I think I should wait a little longer before telling her about the phone call."
"Mom? Tyler? I'm home." Belle called out. The two adults nearly forgot that she finished an hour earlier than her siblings, that and Melody and Ashton were doing after school actives.


Alyssa stood in front of the phone before Belle (accompanied by Maya) came into the room. "So, I was hoping..." She trailed off, sensing that not everything was okay. "Is everything alright?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.
"Everything's fine." Alyssa answered, smiling at Belle. "What were you hoping?"
"I was hoping that I could learn how to drive," She grinned, ignoring the bad feeling she got that something was wrong with her mom and Tyler. If her mom said that everything was fine, there was no point in pushing it and wrecking her chances of getting to drive.


"Belle..." Alyssa sighed, and Belle knew right away that meant no, She couldn't help but wonder why both her mom and Tyler were in here anyway, and why was she blocking the phone? "I don't think-"
"What your mom was going to say was that she didn't think that she should take you out driving, but I'll teach you, if you want." He smiled at her.
Belle's face lit up. "Really? Awesome! I'll be in the car." She grinned, and happily left the study.


Alyssa raised an eyebrow at him, "You interrupted me, why?" She asked.
"Because she was about to ask why it seemed like you were blocking the phone, and was going to ask why we were talking in here instead of in the main room. I thought it would be better to give her what she wanted rather than having to explain right now about the phone call."
"Oh." She murmured, then sighed. "Just be careful, okay? The last thing needed is a car crash."


Driving wasn't quite as difficult as Belle had thought it would have been. All she had to do was make sure she didn't go too fast, change the gears when she needed, keep her eyes on the road and keep her hands on the wheel.
"So, I wanted to ask you something." Belle started. She was partially glad that Tyler took her out driving because she recalled that her mom said that she knew Tyler even when she was a teenager. Belle made the connection that perhaps Tyler knew something about her dad.
He shrugged "Go ahead, but make sure to keep your eyes on the road." He said the last bit as a warning. Whatever Belle wanted to ask probably wasn't as important as not crashing the car.


"I am. I can multitask." Belle grinned, then actually got on to what she wanted to ask. "I was wondering if you knew anything about my dad. My mom said that you and her knew each other when you were teenagers, and I'm assuming she met my dad when she was around-ish that age. So, I guessed that you met him at some point, or at least heard about him. So, is there anything that you know about him?" She asked. "Mom's already told me that he was French and that her relationship with him didn't last long."


Tyler sighed, once again unsure of what to say. He doubted that he should tell her the truth of how Alyssa cheated on him with Belle's dad,. "I'm not so sure what to tell you Belle, I didn't know him personally." He looked over at her. "Do you think of your dad often?" He asked.
Belle shrugged lightly. "Sometimes. I've been thinking of it more recently though." She tried not to sound all too disappointed that he didn't know anything about her dad. It's not like he could do anything though. Clearly if she wanted to know about her dad, she would have to ask her mom.


Speaking of her mom, Alyssa was stood in the new baby's room. She had put Nathaniel down for a nap earlier, and the twins were still at their after school activities so she had some time to herself. She decided to spend it marveling at the baby's room. Her and Tyler had found out earlier that they were having a girl, although, the two of them went a little overboard getting the baby stuffed toys.


However, Alyssa disliked the fact that there was a fairy stuffed toy in the crib. Ugh, fairies. She shuddered at the thought. Tyler liked it though so the fairy teddy stayed. "You're going to be spoiled rotten, baby girl." She grinned, looking down at where her hands were.
Melancholia made herself known by saying "I think I'd have to agree. You people have a habit of spoiling your spawn and giving into all their wishes."


Alyssa turned to see who it was, and her eyes widened. Fairy. She took a few steps back, terrified. Fairies weren't good, nor were they safe to be around. She knew she had to collect herself though. Her house, her rules, her place to say who should and shouldn't be here. "I don't know how you got here, but leave." She managed to say, her eyes not leaving it.
Melancholia laughed darkly. "Aw, how cute. You think I'm going to listen to you?" Humans could be adorable sometimes. "Look, Little Lyssie, I'll only be here for ten minutes tops. You can at least calm down a bit. You look like a deer caught in headlights, sweetie." She laughed more at Alyssa's expense.


"H-How...?" Alyssa tried to ask how she knew her name, but all that was going around her head was how this fairy was probably just as nuts as the one she had met when she was little.
"How do I know your name?" Melancholia asked. "I know all about you Alyssa Matthews. Creepy as it may sound, I've been interested in your family for a while. Mostly because of what your sister did. See, your sister killed one of my close friends. I think you knew her too." She smiled. "Her name was Elli. She was a fairy too. Black wings, very gothic."


Alyssa laughed nervously, backing up towards the door, "Look, I think you have the wrong person. I have no clue what you're on about." Her eyes never left the fairy, and she held her hands up in defense just in case what she was doing would hurt her. One hand moved to the door handle, and she tried to open the door in a desperate attempt to escape, but it was locked already.
Melancholia laughed as the sparkles disappeared from her hands. "You humans are really adorable. You think I would leave the door wide open when you could just escape? There's no leaving until I unlock the door."
Alyssa was terrified right now. To the point of starting to cry scared. She hated fairies, and wanting this one in particular to go. She wished this was a dream.

She wished that at any moment, she would wake up and she would be able to tell Tyler all about the bad dream she had and he'd be there to make her feel better and tell her that it wasn't real.
She didn't want this to be real. She knew something bad was going to happen.


Alyssa was mostly just trying to get away from the fairy as she got closer. Uncomfortably close. When her back hit the wall, all Alyssa could do was watch. What else could she do? There was no way she could take on the fairy, especially not in her condition.
"Just shush, okay? And it'll all be over before you know it." Melancholia spoke almost soothingly as her hand went to Alyssa's head.
"Let..." She started, then trailed off. Her whole body felt as if it weighed the world itself, and everything started to fade and go blurry. It felt almost like tendrils of ice were coming off of the fairy's hand, and it made her head start to throb, It was as if her body was shutting down, freezing and seizing up almost, and she felt herself involuntarily starting to slide down against the wall,
"What did I say?" Melancholia whispered, and the blonde fairy was the only thing Alyssa saw,


Before it all went dark.





Melancholia snickered at her little mistake. Whoops. She watched as Alyssa went pale, very pale for someone who's supposedly alive. Perhaps it was for the best that she just got rid of the little sister of the bitch witch though. After all, that would skip majority of the steps in her plan. The poor little bitch witch might even just off herself straight away when she learns what happened to her little sister. Ha! How easy was that? Just kill the little sister, and then Rosie would be so devastated she would just kill herself.
Why hadn't she thought of that before?! Maybe she was just too nice of a person. Her greatest fault, it truly is.
Melancholia used her magic to unlock the door, and watched as the family mutt came in and went over to Alyssa and sniffed her. "Dumb mutt, she'll be gone within the hour."


Melancholia rolled her eyes as Maya started to growl at her. "That'll get you so far in life, Mutt." She grumbled sarcastically and in the short moment of silence, she could hear the front door opening.
"Alyssa?" It was a male voice, probably her boyfriend, which meant it was time for her to go. Melancholia couldn't help but be a little disappointed, She wanted to watch as it was finally the end for Alyssa.
Ah well, if she's there or not, there isn't a lot her precious family can do now. "Sweet dreams, Alyssa. I'll see you on the other side." Melancholia smirked, and vanished as quickly as she appeared in the room, just as there was the sound of someone coming upstairs.

Chapter 2.24 Hide No Seek                                                                    
______________________________

AN: Ah, I'm really anxious over reactions to this chapter. 
Maya kept getting in the way of all my photos. It was as if she was thinking in her pixel brain "Aha! Carrie's shooting a scene! I wanna be in it!" Silly Maya.

I'll try and get the next chapter out as soon as possible. This is a really mean cliffhanger. It's kind of like Schrodinger's life. Unsure if Alyssa's dead or alive until next chapter. *coughs, and points towards incomplete rolls as a small clue* 

I just wanna say the chapter title has nothing to do with the Beyonce song. (♪Tattoo your name across my heart, so it will remain, not even death could make us paaaart ♫)

10 comments:

  1. So when you're well you make creepy things, and when ill you do evil ;P See, now I can't even say anything about the rest of the chapter. Ah well, atleast Melancholia didn't kill all of them. I mean, she could have taken Alyssas kids to.... wait, did I just give you more ideas?

    Poor Maya just wanted to be a star.....

    And now for an "I'm old" thing: Never heard that beyonce song, but: "Sweet dreams are made of this" didn't sound to fitting either ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee. I'm just an all round creepy/scary person who likes adding a bit of drama where she can/
      Ah, I figured that what happened with Melancholia would overshine what happened in the rest of the chapter. Hehe, whoopsy daisy.
      Actually, funny thing about Melancholia. She's more of the antagonist for Generation 3. It was only recently I got some ideas, but couldn't quite figure out how to do them so I figured to make and introduce her early.

      Poor Maya moo... She kept photobombing though, and I didn't have the heart to use move objects on her and get her out of the shots. Besides, she pulled some cute expressions.

      You're not too old. You know how to use a computer so you can't be too old :) and I think I've heard part of that song before... Neither song is all too fitting though.

      Delete
  2. Noooo! What have you done?!

    Melancholia is seriously creepy and scary, especially when she's thinking she's too *nice*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :( I know it's a mean cliffhanger. I promise that the next chapter will be out soon though.

      She is very, /very/ messed up. Like, messed up to me, messed up. She's just getting started though. She certainly won't be happy when she finds out what happens.

      Delete
  3. Geez. Not cool Melancholia! You came up with all of those steps for a reason! To not get ahead of yourself! Yeek.

    And what is Miss Belle going to do when they all fess up about Daddy-o Matteo? She really got close to getting some answers there didn't she? I couldn't multitask when driving as a teen. I thought I could, but really couldn't. I hope she's careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In her defense, she didn't mean for it to go that far. She's just happy for the accident. (Not that I'm trying to defend her for what she did.) It really wasn't cool of her.

      Belle isn't so sure what she'd do when she finds out, but she does want to meet him (for realsies too. She has a wish to go to France.) She got very close to answers, very close indeed. If she had just pushed them a little more, she would have got answers (but she wanted to drive)
      My brother can't really talk when driving either, Belle just seems like the type to be able to do multiple things at once and still be focused. She will be careful, I won't let anything happen to Belle <3

      Delete
  4. Poor Alyssa. I guess it'll be even harder for her to accept the fairy teddy after Melancholia's actions. Way to go to give all fairies a bad name, Melancholia! (Or are all of them evil in your world? Hmm, something to ponder). I don't think Alyssa is dead. :P I think Melancholia is underestimating the Matthews family. :)

    Good for Belle thinking driving isn't that difficult! It's not once you get the hang of it, but the first couple of times can be pretty intimidating (at least, it was for me). It took me ages to get comfortable enough to focus on the road and a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, much harder for her to accept the teddy after a fairy tried to kill her (for the second time in her life). She has given all the fairies a bad name, but not all of them are bad ;) Either one or two of the kids are going to have run ins with fairies.
      Or perhaps you're underestimating me...? It'll be rather clear soon (I hope) if she's alright or not.

      Yeah, it does seem pretty intimidating driving. I was in the car while my brother was driving and I'm not so sure how much he spoke (I was busy trying to not die. Harsh, I know but I grew up with him finding it funny to crash on driving games.) I think Belle isn't really intimidated by all too much though.

      Delete
  5. It's funny that in the driving scene it just looks like they're in a big field. Tyler doesn't trust Belle on the road yet?

    I'm glad that Alyssa is open to telling Belle about her father. She'll find out sooner or later, but it's better to hear about it from Alyssa first.

    Evil Melancholia! Maya's just trying to protect her owner; good dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, it's just the roads in Dragon Valley. They live far away from the city, so it kinda looks like they're driving on grass. It is a proper road though, I promise.

      Alyssa is open to it, she just doesn't know how to yet, and she's almost waiting for the right time to tell her about her father.

      Evil Melancholia indeed. I think Maya may also be wishing for fame as well. She kept photobombing all the pictures.

      Delete