Saturday 8 March 2014

Chapter 1.28 Silence

Its been awhile since Thomas told Erin he was leaving. He told the rest of the family soon after.




However, that didn't mean that everyone was fine with it. No one was fine with him having to leave soon, but most of them put on a brave face. One person though didn't know how to put on a brave face though, so that person just ignored him.


"Erin, please just talk to me." He tried, going over to her. He thought what she was doing was immature, they were adults for crying out loud!
That didn't stop her though, as she made a straight line for the door. The only thing she said before she left was "Busy." The door closing was the only other sound after that.


He sighed, watching her leave, again. All he wanted to do was talk to her about all this, in the hope that she would actually speak to him when he got back.


Not everyone was ignoring each other though, Boo and Toby seemed to be getting along well, luckily. It was a good thing too, otherwise following Connor's plan, the house would be overrun by dogs!
The two dogs spend a lot of time together, playing together, and just basically being around each other.


Toby and Boo were inseparable in fact. They even slept in the same place together, at least, that's what the family thought...


Erin still wasn't home by the time Connor and Rosie got home. Rosie soon left and Connor was about to also, just before Thomas stopped him.
"I know its a weird thing to ask, but can you take Alyssa with you?" He asked. He wanted to talk to Erin, alone with no other distractions.
Connor frowned, "But I'm going to meet Sabrina, for some alone time." He raised his eyebrows a little. He has been looking forward to the kind of date with Sabrina for ages. He didn't want to take his little sister along.


"I really need to talk to your mom, and she's been avoiding me. Just do this one favour, and you never have to babysit for her again." He tried to level with Connor, and could tell it worked.
He raised an eyebrow, "No more babysitting? Like, ever?" He asked, and Thomas shook his head. Sighing, Connor agreed "I'll look after her." He mumbled. He wasn't happy about it, but at least he wouldn't have to babysit again.


When the two of them got to the park, Sabrina couldn't help but grin, "You know, you could have told me you had a kid..." She laughed.
Connor rolled his eyes, grinning "Thomas wanted to talk to my mom alone, and Rosie's out so I got stuck babysitting."


She nodded, getting a new, slightly sadder look "Is your mom still upset about Thomas leaving?" She asked, going a little closer to him. She ducked her head slightly, so it wasn't as obvious that she wasn't happy.
"Yeah, she's not spoke to him, or stayed in the same room with him alone since he said he was leaving." Connor frowned.


Sabrina sighed, "Look, we don't have to think or talk about what's going on back at your place, lets just enjoy us time." She smiled at him, her eyes going to Alyssa for a second then back to him "Even if we do have a third wheel on our date."
"She's a pretty cute third wheel though." He half smiled back at her, and the two of them continued with their first date, even with the little third wheel added on.


It was getting dark by the time Erin finally did come home. When she did, Thomas was waiting for her. He wanted to talk to her, its been days since they did speak to each other, which was strange being that they lived together.


She looked around, almost for a way out of the conversation they both knew they were going to have. 
"Rosie's out with friends, and Connor went to meet Sabrina. He took Alyssa with him so there's nothing that needs to be done upstairs." He folded him arms.
Erin looked around still, wanting a way out. She looked back at him, as the cackling sound started to surround her again, but before she could just teleport away, Thomas quickly held on to her.


They both tumbled on to the ground, mostly because Erin hasn't teleported anywhere in a long time, and she was fairly out of practice. She landed on her side, in a little bit of pain. She had to admit though, it would have hurt more if she had landed on her own. It was a strange feeling, but that didn't mean it was necessarily a bad one.


They stayed in that position for a while, until he finally said "Are you alright?" He looked down at her, assuming she probably was.
She nodded, looking back up at him. She tried to answer, but no words actually came out. She was acting like an idiot now.
He frowned a little, "Can you please just talk to me? You haven't actually spoke to me since I told you that I was leaving."


He soon let go of her and sat up, yet she just stayed laying down. She looked up at the stars, and mumbled "I don't even know what you'd want me to say." She murmured, frowning. 
He looked at her, confused "What do you mean?"


"Well, what do I say?" She asked, turning over to face him. "Do you want me to be happy about it? Because I'm not. I'm not okay with you leaving." She turned to face him, frowning. "I want you to stay here, and I want you to be around." There were tears in her eyes.
He sighed softly, "Erin... There's nothing I can do to stay here. You know that I want to." He mumbled, hating how she was on the edge of crying.


"I know you don't want to go." She mumbled, "I just want you to promise me you'll come home." She looked at him, fully serious. Well, why wouldn't she be? She sat up, then moved so her legs were where her head was.
"I promise you, I'll come home." He looked her in the eyes, but she quickly broke the eye contact.
"Not just for me. For Alyssa too, and Rosie. Rosie mostly actually, you're the only real family she has." She frowned.


"I'll be back home before you know it." He half smiled, "I'll be home before Rosie graduates, I promise."
"Good, because your my best friend, and I don't want to lose you, ever." She moved closer to him, and rested her head on him, his arms went around her..

Although he was glad Erin was talking to him again, Thomas couldn't help but feel like he had just been punched. Best friend? It was probably an overreaction to that word, but he couldn't help but hate it. Maybe all they are supposed to be is just friends...

Chapter 1.27 A Friend For Toby                                                                          
______________________________
AN: I don't think anyone will like the ending to this chapter, I know I don't.
My next chapter will probably be the last one until about Friday. I'll probably be too nervous to do anything on Monday to Thursday, because my first ever performance (with my performing arts group) is on Thursday! 

16 comments:

  1. LOL! FRIENDZONED!
    I don't mind the ending to this, because I'm almost certain Erin is in love with Thomas, but said they were best friends to avoid getting her hopes dashed etc.

    Aw at Connor and Sabrina! At least someones love life is going right! Even if they did have a little party crasher :)

    Good luck with your performance!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the almighty friendzone is a heartless one.
      That's a good way of putting it I suppose, I think the last thing anyone would want is for something to ruin it all.

      Yeah, at least they're going strong, and I doubt Alyssa did all too much harm being there with them.

      And thank you!! I need it, lol. But seriously, I hope it'll go fine. It should go fine, hopefully. As long as I don't forget my lines.

      Delete
  2. Connor had to take his sister to his first date :) Sabrina took it really well though. Good thing Alyssa is at her best behaviour.
    Ah, Thomas and Erin. What are they waiting for? Erin tries so hard to make sure Thomas thinks it mostly about him coming home to the kids, and not her. I thinks she's worrying about what would happen, if it for some reason wouldn't work out between them.
    Btw, this was a really lovely chapter, and the ending was absolutely perfect. It really caught their mood.

    Oh, and good luck on the performance:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Connor would have ever forgiven Alyssa if she was being moody and tantrum-y on his and Sabrina's first date.

      I'm basing the whole war thing like how people would handle any war. The soldiers remain brave, thinking that nothing will go wrong, and why would it? Whereas the family want nothing less than for them to go, let alone get hurt. Erin's mostly worried about if the worst does happen.

      Fingers crossed I don't mess up on my performance! :D

      Delete
  3. Poor Erin, she's really struggling with the idea of Thomas going away isn't she? But, ouch, I wonder if she realises how much she hurt him by saying he's her best friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a whole 28 chapters of history together, its not easy to think about the possibility of letting go of that.
      She doesn't realize how much she hurt him by saying that. But like I said a while ago, for a rainbow, there needs to be some rain.

      Delete
  4. Aww I adore Conner and Sabrina. Lol that he had to bring his baby sister along to his date. I understand how Erin feels about Thomas having to leave. I also understand why Erin would refer to him as only a best friend. They haven't really explored the idea of being together, or the dynamics of their relationship yet so Thomas shouldn't get too torn up about her saying that, although I can understand why he would. Maybe when he gets back they can talk on it so they know where each other stands. :)

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Connor and Sabrina's relationship too, its so easy to write them. Luckily Alyssa was a behaved date crasher.

      With Erin and Thomas, they may get together or they may not. It depends on if they ever do get around to talking about it or if they just sit in silence and keep having those moments. Hopefully they will be able to talk about it when he gets back

      Delete
  5. Aww, poor Connor...well, there's worse things that can happen on a first date. On my significant other's very first date, he got into a car crash.

    I was wondering if Erin would ever teleport again! Poor Thomas--I agree with Gemma, he's friendzoned! I wonder if they'll ever be more than friends again...

    Good luck on your performance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow. A car crash? I guess Connor's date went peachy perfect compared to that. Obviously it couldn't have been to bad because your significant other is your significant other still, does that make sense? I hope it does!

      She's not been teleporting for a while, I guess she's not really gone around the town all too much in story so I haven't been making her teleport.
      Yeah, he got friendzoned... Poor Tommy :(

      Thank you! I think it should go okay (Hopefully)

      Delete
  6. Oh Erin. You can't run every time things get tough, especially when you've got kids who depend on you. At least Thomas caught her though and got her to listen. =D

    Lol! Oh Connor! That really sucks to know that your first date included your baby sister. Still, he took it like a champ and Sabrina didn't seem to mind at all.

    And Good Luck! I bet you're going to fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can at least try to run away, she's quite good at it. She won't ever fully run away though, otherwise I'd have to find a new 'help' and I've already trained Erin to be good at the guitar. Getting a new person would be a nuisance.

      I feel bad for him now, but I couldn't leave Alyssa in the house alone, and I figured that Thomas or Erin wouldn't have time to call a babysitter before teleporting away. And yeah, he took it like a man and the date went fine :)

      Thank you! And I won't be fantastic, I'll be fabulous *puts shades on*

      Delete
  7. Aw, Connor and Sabrina make an adorable couple. I look forward to more from them. And Connor was such a good brother and son, taking care of Alyssa for the time being.

    I curse your roll for this generation. There should have been a passionate romantic moment before Thomas's departure! Nah, I understand why this was how things had to be. It's still frustrating though.

    And I definitely predict puppies in the future. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly scared that SP will get Sabrina together with someone else. They're only romantic interests in game and I don't want to do some breaking up. Connor is a good guy by helping out like that.

      Yeah, its not fun. I mean, I want them to be together but they can't until Alyssa is a teenager, so yay. But soon, everything will be different, I promise ;)

      Delete
  8. I'm in agreement with Thomas. Erin is acting really stupid about his trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its because she was upset, and she didn't want to think about the possibility of if he was gone forever. She just wanted to pretend that everything was the same, but seeing him reminded her that everything wasn't the same.

      Delete