Sunday 16 March 2014

Chapter 1.30 Down In The Willow Garden

"Down in the willow garden
Where me and my love did meet
As we sat a-courtin'
My love fell off to sleep"


Rosie often listened to what Alyssa was singing, and it often intrigued her. She had never even heard that song before, yet Alyssa knew it off by heart. She knew that first verse at least, the rest she just murmured. It kind of gave Rosie the creeps. Obviously Alyssa couldn't quite sing it properly, but it was close enough so Rosie could understand the song.


As Alyssa got better with the song, Rosie listened more. It wasn't a nice song, but Alyssa sung it in such a cheery way whenever she was with that damn doll. Away from the doll, she would have no recognition at all of the beautifully haunting melody.


Away from the doll, Alyssa was just like any other toddler. With the doll though, she seemed completely different. She almost seemed older with that doll, the way she managed to sing so fluently with the doll. It was weird, and Rosie couldn't help but think it was suspicious.


Rosie often looked after Alyssa, or at least checked up on her. She didn't trust that doll. It was a weird thing to admit, but Rosie had a bad feeling about that doll. She didn't trust it with her little sister. Even though it was an inanimate object, it still gave off a bad feeling.


Erin never actually realized, Alyssa was only ever in her room when she wasn't out with Erin. She almost spoiled Alyssa, mostly because Erin was the only parent Alyssa had for the mean time. Yes, she wasn't technically related to Rosie, and Connor wasn't technically related to Thomas, but at least they were all there. 



The two of them often went to a precious little park. It had a lot of trees there, but that was why Erin loved it so. It was perfectly small, and perfectly cute. It was away from the main town, far away. It was always quiet, and hardly anyone ever came there.


It was a really shaded area, perfect for when its a little too sunny. It wasn't extremely sunn.y that day though, but that didn't mean they couldn't go there. Erin usually brought something along so Alyssa wouldn't get bored, and today she brought a few books.


Erin used to hate books when she was younger, she never used to see any point in them. Why read when you could watch TV? Or go see a movie? But, that was far from how she wanted her own daughter to see reading. Luckily, Alyssa seemed to love books.


"Y-Y'know, me and Bowa have 'ventures." Alyssa grinned.
Erin nodded, knowing what she was probably on about. "You mean you and your doll Lola?" She asked, still unaware of where exactly that doll came from. Alyssa seemed to absolutely love it though.
Alyssa frowned "No, sister Bowa." She corrected. "I have sister Posie, and sister Bowa." She spoke slowly, so Erin understood. 'Posie' was what she called Rosie, mostly because... Well, no one fully knew why. Maybe Alyssa just didn't like the name Rosie.



Erin nodded eagerly, pretending too that her doll Lola was real. "Sister Lola, I'm sorry, Mommy forget." She smiled, even though she would probably remember most if Alyssa had another sister.
"Siwwy Mommy!" She giggled, "Stop forgetting Bowa!" She grinned.


"Bowa's a princess." Alyssa bragged, looking up at Erin. "We go on singing 'ventures'" She spoke in a hushed voice, "Sh! Secret though." 
"Singing adventures?" She asked, this being the first she's ever heard about this. Erin already knew that Lola was a princess (Or she would be if she was real).


"Posie doesn't like them though." She frowned, looking down. "I want sister Posie and sister Lola to be friends." She smiled. 
Erin sighed, feeling as if her daughter was on about nuns or something with all the use of the word 'sister'. "Maybe Rosie's jealous."
"Posie." Alyssa corrected.


Erin couldn't help but laugh "You live in your own little world sometimes, don't you?" She grinned, finding it adorable how creative Alyssa was. Connor was a lot quieter when he was younger.
"Me and Bowa want a pretty pink castle, can Daddy buy us a castle? I want the room in the tower." She told her, not fully aware that Thomas is gone.


Erin sighed, "Daddy's gone, remember? He went away for a while." She spoke gently, making sure she didn't upset Alyssa.
"Is it because he doesn't want to buy a castle? It doesn't have to be pink. It could be green." She frowned, "I want a pink one though." She murmured.


"We can't quite afford a castle. Maybe your room could be pink instead?" She offered, and Alyssa nodded. "And Daddy's just gone for the mean time, he'll be back soon." She smiled, and they carried on reading, with Alyssa occasionally interrupting.


"I mean, with all this about Thomas leaving, I can't help but at least wonder about my own dad." Connor mumbled, looking up at the ceiling. He and Sabrina were hanging out in his bedroom, like usual.
"And I can't help but wonder why you love monkeys so. I'm honestly wondering if I should be jealous." Sabrina joked lightly, knowing it was a tough time for Connor.


"I'm serious Sabrina. "He mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows. "Its not like I care all too much though, I just..." He sighed, "Can't help but wonder." He looked over at her "You don't know anything, do you? I know you used to be magic-y and stuff so I figured-"
"I kinda know who he is." She interrupted, looking back at him. "I'm not sure if you would be too incredibly happy to find out what kind of guy he was."


He was honestly surprised she actually knew. "Who was he?" He asked.
"He was this famous musician guy. I can't fully remember the name. He flirted with your mom, and she slept with him. I only know because gossip spreads like wildfire in this town. I'm half surprised you don't know yourself."
He blinked "So... That's it? She just had a fling with some guy?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. He didn't fully know what to expect, but he thought his mom would at least have been dating his dad.


"You shouldn't think different of her just because of that you know. Your mom is a really interesting person." She half smiled.
Connor frowned, "What do you mean 'interesting'?" He asked, looking over at her. Sabrina was acting fairly weird today, maybe because it was Friday or she was excited for Love Day tomorrow...
Sabrina grinned "You'll find out sooner or later."


Later that day, Rosie was just walking into her own bedroom when she heard singing coming from Alyssa's room. It didn't phase Rosie at first, until she realized it wasn't exactly her sister's singing. The voice was too good to be Alyssa's. All the words were properly pronounced.
"My father would often tell me
That money would set me free"


Rosie felt stupid for not getting it right away. She knew that voice! It didn't belong to any of her family though... The song just swept past her as she tried to remember.
Realization hit her like a speeding train, and all emotion dropped from her face. She felt sick, and furious at the same time. She opened the door to her sister's room


She went in to see what she was most scared of seeing. Elli holding Alyssa. It made sense where the song came from now. Elli knew it more fluently than Alyssa does. Rosie froze honestly, unsure of what to do. 
Summoning her courage, Rosie glared at Elli "Let go of my sister." She glared, trying to be threatening.



Elli smiled softly, and put Alyssa down in the crib. "Now, now Rosie. Should we really be being mean to each other?" She tilted her head. "After all, both of us are powerful, and we can both easily just kill the other, with a simple click of the fingers. The only difference is, I know how to." She grinned.
Rosie pursed her lips "What are you doing here, and why are you with my sister?" 



Elli smiled still "I was simply just making sure she was okay, don't get so worried about her. It's not like you're her mother." She joked lightly. "I was just making sure she was okay though." She said that fairly ominously, starting to walk out.



She stopped by Rosie, and simply mumbled, "And if you didn't catch the last bit of the song, it goes like this:
My race is run, beneath the sun
The scaffold waits for me
For I did murder that dear little girl
Whose name was Rose-" She paused, then grinned slyly "You never did learn your mother's last name, did you?" She grinned, then left. Rosie watched as she left, then sighed softly.

Chapter 1.29 Last Day                                                                                        
______________________________
AN: I remember one of my friends singing this song once, and at first I thought it was really sweet and pretty when I focused on the melody. Then, when I heard the words, I realized just what the song was really about. 
I thought it was perfect for this (That and the girl in it is called Rose)

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some fast updating! I miss Thomas already.
    That was quite an eerie chapter, and so many things happening at once. It's not that strange that kids talk about toys like they are real, but if Elli is involved. Maybe it was a gift from her.... Good thing Rosie is awake atleast, even if the song's a pretty bad omen.
    But Connor will learn how interesting his mother is? Now, that i'm looking forward too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but he's going to be gone for a little while longer.
      I'm honestly glad you found it eerie. That was the whole aspect I was going for. Only Rosie is aware of anything Elli's doing.

      Erin is actually quite an interesting sim. Maybe its just the story I write out for her, but I just love her. It makes me upset seeing how she's close to being an elder... :(

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I knew I didn't trust that stupid doll! I agree with Urunwa--how eerie! I can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one ever trusts the IF's... I kinda feel sorry for them, they were supposed to be such a nice addition to Generations but now they're seen as evil. Its kinda sad

      Delete
  3. This was a really good foreshadowing chapter. I hope Alyssa is going to be okay. Hopefully Rosie and Liam can put their plan to thwart Eli in place soon. And it was also nice to see more of Connor and Sabrina. I love continuing to see them together.

    I do miss Thomas already, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to miss Thomas. Seems like once you know someone is gone, that's the thing that mainly affects you.

      We'll see Rosie's and Liam's plan soon, I promise. And Connor and Sabrina are just so easy to write, I love them too

      Delete
  4. AAAAauuuurgh! Evil IF! Evil IF! Kill it with fire! I tried that once in game. Using MOO put the IF into a lit fireplace. Didn't work. Oh well. There are more effective ways of getting rid of those dolls. *evil grin. Can I teach a few of them to Rosie please?

    Hmmm! So Lola is a princess too? Interesting.

    And I'm glad Thomas is beginning to be curious about his father. Will he learn more about his mom through that also?

    Boo! Hiss! Elli! Oh that's really creepy finding her in Alyssa's room! Ew! Poor Rosie! That woman is determined to torment her isn't she? But why Rosie? Why did she pick her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, no one likes IF's. I bet EA wanted them to be such a sweet thing, but nope!
      I once actually had an evil IF. It constantly had the fiendish delight moodlet above its head...

      Princess Lola, Alyssa's imaginary sister (Even though she already has a real one)

      I'm taking you meant Connor? And he's about to learn something very interesting about his mother...

      I love how enthusiastic you are about the bad guy/girl xD Boo indeed! Poor Rosie though, but she's a brave girl. She's not afraid of any monsters.
      I guess Elli is just messed up that way. She mainly chose Rosie because she didn't know about the origin of the wand, and wasn't wary about the supernatural powers. I don't think I've fully covered that though...

      Delete
  5. Uh oh, creepiness with Alyssa too? I don't like the way she's so different around the doll, and Elli in her room singing that creepy song is very very worrying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creepiness with everyone! :D I think I'm kind of going over plot lines again here, aren't I? Ah well! Everyone loves creepiness!
      (most at least)
      Elli's back to cause more trouble

      Delete
  6. O.O I KNEW ITTT! I knew the doll was from Elli when you first mentioned the creepy song. ewewewewwww!!!!
    Alyssa is gunna murder Rosie? Or Elli is? ARGH!! ROSIEEEE!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

    I don't even know what she can do! She can tell Erin, but what can Erin do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I followed the same path, but I made the IF creepy.
      Elli's a sick person, really and truly. She borders on the insane, however the insane can be very smart people. Trying to guess what she's going to do is kind of like hunting in the dark. You'll more likely get hurt/confused than actually get anywhere.

      And I doubt Erin can help, sadly.

      Delete
  7. LOL @ her correcting Erin. It's Posie, woman, get it right! :D

    What does her mother's last name have to do with anything, that Elli asked that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep there were many creepy parts in this chapter.

    I love Alyssa though! She is so cute during her interaction with Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I remember making this one creepy. I found it fun and rather easy to do :) (worrying? I think that's worrying...)

      I'm glad you like Alyssa because she's the heiress. It's odd seeing her little again though, I mainly see her as an adult in my mind now.

      Delete