Friday 18 April 2014

Chapter 1.44 Mermaid Princess of Saturn's Imaginary Purple Ring

Alyssa went up to her little science room after doing her homework.


Homework was no chore for her anyway, it was all just too easy for her. Ah, the problems of being clever... She couldn't help but smirk a little, knowing that many people would envy her over that fact. She was walking across past her parents and her own room, before she halted.


The door was already open. She froze, wondering why on earth it would be. She always closed that door. She knew her mom would never go in, mostly because she had a bizarre worry that the equipment would blow up if she touched it, and her dad never really bothered.
Alyssa also couldn't help but wonder if she was adopted. Neither of her parents were smart like her... She had to have had an influence from somewhere else, surely.


She went in, scared about her stuff. What if someone was ruining it all?! When she saw two teenagers in there, she was fairly peeved. She cleared her throat loudly, getting their attention. However, she soon found herself blushing when she realized the blonde boy was the one she was making out with all that time ago at the bar. That was Tyler! The girl however, she was clueless of.


"Alyssa." The redheaded girl stood, clearly recognizing her somehow.
Alyssa narrowed her eyes, skeptical of this girl, "How do you know me? And why the hell are you here?" She glared, uneasy. She didn't like other people being in here, this was her private room, not some hangout.


"I'm Bonnie." She explained. "I used to know you a while ago, when you were younger. We were really close." She smiled.
Alyssa looked this girl up and down, her arms folded. How stupid did this girl think she was? "I didn't have any friends when I was younger." She pointed out, angry. "I only became popular when I was a teenager." She hated to admit that, but before then she had Rosie to be friends with, now she was practically an only child. "So leave."


Bonnie frowned, "Alyssa... Just listen to me." She sighed.
She glared, "No way. Why should I?" She snapped, "You came in here, and you chose to lie directly to my face. So please, just go."
"She's telling the truth Alyssa." Tyler went to stand next to Bonnie. "Just let her speak, and if you still want us to go, then we will."
She sighed, annoyed. "Fine." Was all she growled. She sat down on the floor, and Bonnie and Tyler followed.


Bonnie honestly wasn't too sure how to start, "Remember the doll you had when you were younger?" She asked, looking at Alyssa while Tyler just looked down.
"Lola? Of course I remember her!" She waved a hand dismissively "What about her?" Her eyes then widened "Were you the one who got rid of her?" She glared, getting angry again.
"Not exactly..." She trailed off.


"I'm Lola." Bonnie looked straight on, then glanced at Alyssa, who was more than confused.
"And I'm the Mermaid Princess of Saturn's Imaginary Purple Ring." She responded, sarcastically. "How did you know about Lola?" She asked.
"Because I was her." She sighed, "I'm a shapeshifter, and I turned myself into a doll." She explained, half smiling. Alyssa glared, then stood up.


"You honestly think I'll buy that crap?" She snapped, annoyed at all this nonsense.
"Its not crap, its the truth." Bonnie tried, looking away from Alyssa's angry gaze. She wasn't good in confrontation.
"Then do it again, turn into a doll." She folded her arms, raising an eyebrow.


"Its not that easy..." Bonnie murmured, looking to the side. It really wasn't. To change into a person of the same age is easy, yet the doll was a lot more difficult. She had to survive without a heartbeat for a long time, and honestly wondered how she was still actually alive. To repeat that... Not even an idiot would think about repeating such a feat.
"I knew you were a fake." Alyssa smirked, then turned back angry. "I'm going to go downstairs, and if you guys aren't gone by the time I'm back up here, I'm calling the cops." She folded her arms. Maybe it was a little bit harsh, but she didn't like anyone being in her special room.


"Alyssa..." Bonnie tried, frowning as she began to walk away.
"Maybe we should just go Bon." Tyler looked over at Bonnie, then back at Alyssa. He lowered his voice to a whisper, so Alyssa couldn't hear "She's not in the mood."
Bonnie shook her head, she knew she could convince Alyssa. She tried to think of something, and thought of it right before Alyssa left. She started to sing "Down in the willow garden, where me and my love did meet, as we sat a courtin', my love fell off to sleep." She smiled when Alyssa stopped.


She paused, unsure of what to do. If Bonnie had been telling the truth... No, she couldn't. It wasn't logical. People can't just turn into dolls. Only people with magical powers could. So was she a shapeshifter? Or did she just somehow know the first verse of that song? Alyssa went to the last verse "My race is run, beneath the sun, the scaffold it waits for me..." She trailed off, and looked at Bonnie to continue.
"For I did murder that dear little girl, whose name was Rose Conelly." She finished, smiling. "You used to sing that all the time. I'm not so sure where you got that song from, but you loved it."
"That song is kinda creepy." Tyler shuddered, and looked accusingly at Bonnie.
"I didn't teach it her!" She held up her hands in defense.


"So, you're Lola?" She asked, trying to understand. 
"Well, that's what you called me, but yeah. I'm Lola." She smiled. 
"But you're a person..." She bit her lower lip, confused. "How could you become a doll?" She sat down again, thinking that this conversation would probably last a while.
"Like I said earlier, I'm a shapeshifter. I can take any form I wish to, as long as its at least partly living."


"So, if you wanted to, you could turn into another copy of me?" Alyssa asked. 
Bonnie grinned, while Tyler glared at her for a moment. "Exactly. I could easily turn into you, and no one would know."
Alyssa turned to look at Tyler, "And what about you? Are you magic too?" She asked.
He nodded, "Omnilingualism, and slight telepathy." He half smiled. Alyssa couldn't help but think about how boring that honestly sounded, to which he replied. "Its not that boring." 


Her attention turned back to Bonnie, knowing that her thoughts were more safe with her. "So, why me?" She asked, and glanced at Tyler too while she was talking. "Why come to me, and just why me?"
"Because you're different from a lot of the people here." Bonnie began to explain, "You were exposed to magic, so that's why you can see us, and why you could hear me as Lola." She half smiled.
"I know my sister was a witch, but she was turned and she's not even my full sister." Alyssa began to ramble.
"It wasn't because of your sister." Tyler took over talking, "Its because of your mom." He explained. 


"My mom?" Alyssa asked, laughing a little then shook her head. "No, no. My mom's normal. Sure, she's a little odd sometimes and has a weird love of music, but she's not magic."
Bonnie and Tyler exchanged glances, before he spoke. "She is. She's a teleporter, and so is your half brother." 
"So, does that mean I'll be a teleporter too?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. It sounded fairly interesting, being able to go wherever she liked just like that... Maybe she could go somewhere sunny, as it was slowly getting colder here.
Bonnie hesitated, "No. You're not. If you were, you would have already figured out your power by now, but you've not." She bit her lower lip.


"So, there's nothing special about me, just my mom." Alyssa mumbled, frowning slightly. "Great."
Bonnie sighed, "There is a possibility that you can do something out of the ordinary, but that's not the main reason we came to talk to you." She started.
"Then why did you come to talk to me?" Alyssa interrupted, raising an eyebrow.
"Its to do with the moon. We noticed you had a telescope, and you use it often, right?" Tyler asked.


"I use it fairly often, yes." Alyssa nodded, confused. "The moon just stays the same though, a fraction off a full moon." She murmured, frowning slightly. "Its always been that way..."
Bonnie shook her head, "Not always. The moon used to change in stages, from being a full moon, to a new, and back to a full moon. The problem is, this sequence has been stopped." She frowned.
"And this is a problem because...?" She honestly couldn't see what was so wrong about it. Time hadn't stopped and the world was still spinning.


Alyssa could see that Tyler was obviously offended by that remark, and Bonnie was doing her best to bit her tongue. "The moon being off its cycle throws a lot of magic out of the window. It makes everything go a little bit off, and it makes it harder for the Mist to cover up any mistakes we may make."
"The Mist?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.
"It makes mortals see plausible things instead of what really happens. What they see though, it'll be something a little odd, but they won't think its magic that caused it." Tyler explained for her. Alyssa nodded slowly, not fully understanding it. "Say if a mortal saw when Bonnie turned into a doll, they might see her placing a doll on the floor and then walking off somewhere."


"Anyway, off that tangent." Bonnie continued. "The moon's orbit broke when someone destroyed the moon stone."
"Moon stone? A little on the nose, isn't it?" Alyssa mused, smiling slightly. Her smile then fell, knowing she had to be serious.
"There's another one hidden somewhere in the tombs, in Champs les Sims. We need you to go and get it so the moon can orbit again." Tyler looked at her.
Alyssa frowned. "Why me? Why can't you guys do it or someone else?"
"Because me and Tyler aren't exactly welcome near many of the artifacts in Champs les Sims..." Bonnie murmured, laughing a little. "We almost accidentally toppled over the Eiffel Tower when we were last there."
Tyler grinned, "I still think it was pretty funny."


"Also, there's supposed to be a lot of the little gnomes you're fond of in a museum over there." Bonnie added, hoping that could persuade Alyssa further.
Alyssa thought about it, looking down. Right now, she couldn't think of a reason not to. The only thing was France was fairly far away, and wondered how she could convince her parents to let her go. She thought for quite a while, before looking up and nodding her head. "Okay. I'll try and retrieve it for you."

Chapter 1.43 Erin's Dream                                                                 
______________________________
AN: I doubt that many of you will know what omnilingualism is (I didn't until I started writing this) but its the power to be able to understand and speak any language fluently. This includes stuff like body language, sign language and even speaking backwards.
There's a lot of supernaturally stuff added to this chapter, its funny because I honestly wasn't planning the crisis with the moon. But I still have ideas and stuff. (That, and I wanted Alyssa to get the three gnomes that came with World Adventures and I had to add a story to go with it.)

14 comments:

  1. That was a great title:D And what a great way to tempt Alyssas interest. Magic moon? Mists? Shapeshifting? Mindreading? No. Gnomes. Do this strange thing for someone you barely know, and there will be a gnome at the end of it:D
    I still don't trust the IF. Even when they promise gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but the next title is a little bit more normal. I figured that because I almost have 50 chapters and generation 1 isn't even over yet, I should try and have more creative titles.
      Alyssa loves her gnomes. If they're in the picture, she'll be more convinced.
      Maybe one day I'll get you to trust Bonnie ;)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I still don't trust Bonnie/Lola because of the whole IF thing, but I suppose she might not be as bad as I thought. I'm still torn as to whether she's actually a nice person or not. I do wonder why she ended up with Alyssa as a doll. Did they already know back then Alyssa could help with the moon or was it just by chance?

    And I really like Tyler's character. I think he has a really cool power. I hope we see more of him. I hope he and Alyssa will become more than just a one-night fling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some day I could get you to trust her, and she's not as bad as you originally suspected. I'll assure you of that. A lot of IFs are used to be a bad guy, but maybe mine can be a change.

      I'm glad you like Tyler and his power. I only found out about it this morning, and it seemed pretty cool. We'll certainly be seeing him again in the future.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, interesting... I can't make Bonnie/Lola out at all, sometimes she seems really creepy and ominous, and then sometimes she seems perfectly normal and friendly. I love the story about the moon being stuck though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it interesting. Magical people tend to be a little on the crazy side, not fully friendly and nice but not fully creepy and scary at the same time.
      And the moon story was made because I was missing the effect of the full moon. Its a little lonely without its menacing green glow and zombies popping up everywhere :3

      Delete
  4. Wow. So why did Bonnie choose Alyssa when Alyssa was so young? I wonder what the attraction was?

    Will we get to find out who destroyed the moon stone and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find out about Bonnie's choice in a few chapters time. Next chapter has something else in it ;)
      About the Moon Stone destruction story, I'm sure I'll be able to think of something.

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm glad to know it wasn't Bonnie that taught Alyssa that creepy song, but I still don't trust her. The way she talked about Alyssa when she tried to trick Tyler makes me suspicious. But I like Tyler. :) He looks like a decent sort.
    The story about the moon cycle being broke is rather interesting - I'm looking forward to see where you're going with it.
    Oh yeah, and how did they accidentally almost topple the Eiffel Tower?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you at least like Tyler, and Bonnie is seeming to be one to kind of look out for. Not too many people seem to trust her.

      That story was influence by the fact the full moon used to annoy me with the green-ish glow, but I found a mod to get rid of it and now I want to full moon back.

      Anything is possible when you have magical powers ;)

      Delete
  6. Geez, Alyssa's a little full of herself, isn't she? Thinking how much smarter she is than her parents? She almost sounds like the b****y girl she set out to be.

    You know, your characters have a real problem with strange people turning up in their rooms :-/

    Ah. Well that answers my question as to whether Alyssa is also a teleporter. Too bad, that would have made it a lot easier to get to France :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That behaviour is called modeling. Its where you become like someone you spend time around. So in Alyssa's case, spending time with mean girls will slowly turn her into a mean girl.

      I laughed at that, I suppose they should probably get burglar alarms to stop random people from breaking in xD

      That's what I would do if I ever had that power. I have a whole plan worked out for what I would do :D

      Delete
  7. That family is a real magnet for supernaturals! Alyssa is just asking for trouble it seems, both with her human 'friends' and those new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, so many supernaturals find the Matthews. Alyssa's on the hunt for trouble, or at least for her life to be more exciting

      Delete