Monday 28 April 2014

Chapter 1.52 Beginnings and Endings

Birthday cakes aren't as magical when you're older...




When she was little, Alyssa thought there was a more magical way of how the birthday cakes appear at your house. She had theories about how it was some magical gnome that she hadn't yet collected, or some kind of good fairy brought it.
Now, she realised that it wasn't a fairy, it was usually her mom. Now her parents were gone though...


It was hard being back home. She remembered just how big (and empty) her house really was all on her own. She knew it would be a lonely place for a while longer. Right now, she had to focus though. She had to focus on not thinking about Matteo, or anything that happened in France, especially while around Tyler. He can't read what's not there, right? Like he said before, he wasn't good at it.
Right now, school can wait. She needed girl talk, pronto.


The two girls squealed when they saw each other again (like how most high school girls do).
"Lyssie!" Tallulah grinned, giving her best friend a hug. "How was France? Did you get me any fancy nectar? What about boys? Were there any cute boys? Wait, you have Tyler, don't you? Actually, wait, how did that go? I didn't see you after the party." She spoke quickly, and it took Alyssa a moment to register just what exactly she had said.
"There's quite a lot we need to talk about, and yes I got you some nectar."


Both girls sat down at the bar, and Alyssa started to go over all the things that had happened. Her magical kiss with Tyler at the party, and getting together with him. How she had to leave when she found out her parents had passed away, her trip to France, her date with Matteo and how she and him spent her last night together.
Tallulah stayed quite for at least four minutes, before mumbling, "You never seem to live a drama free life, do you?"
"Trust me, its not that fun." She sighed, "What do I do? If I see Tyler, I know he'll find out somehow." She frowned.


She shook her head a little, grinning. "Is little Lyssie stuck in a love triangle?" She teased. "You can either be happy with Tyler here, and stay here, or you can run off with some French guy who you don't like as much. You're choice."
She sighed. "Why can't I have them both?" She pouted. "I want a guy I'm happy with and can still have the adventure."
"You can't have it all, Lyss." She put on a pout. "If I were you, decide on who's bigger." She grinned.


"Bigger?" Alyssa asked, confused. "I haven't really checked how tall Matteo was." She murmured. Why would it matter so much about height.
Tallulah was on the edge of bursting out with laughter "You're so adorable sometimes. I didn't mean it as in height."
It took a while, but Alyssa got it eventually. "Oh!" She laughed a little, "I didn't get quite that far with Matteo." She blushed a little.
"You gotta pick one or the other, or you might lose them both." She then lowered her voice to a whisper. "But if Matteo has a friend... You know what to do." She grinned.


Alyssa was about to leave, but before she did, she pulled out a present. "But before I forget, even though it is my birthday, here's your fancy French nectar." She grinned.
Tallulah grinned back, "I can't believe you actually got me this!" She took the present. "But don't worry, I won't drink it all on my own, I'll bring it to your party." She smiled, "However, you are on a limit. We know how you get when you've had a few." She winked.
She scoffed, "I'm not that bad."


Fairly soon after Tallulah left, Alyssa got a phone call. "Hello?" She asked, not recognising the number.
"Miss Matthews? We've heard quite a lot about you, and would like to offer you a job." The woman on the phone responded with.
Confused, she asked, "Uh, who is this and how did you get my number?"


"Sorry, I'm bad at introductions." The woman laughed. "I'm Shauna O'Connell, head biologist at the MLLFF, or the science facility as you'd better know it."
Alyssa paused. They really wanted her to be a scientist with them? "Right, and you want me to interview?" She asked.
"Not quite. We've seen your performance in school, and how varied you are with all your skills, not to mention you seem naturally clever. Would you mind coming down the the offices for a proper talk?" She asked.
Grinning at the possibility of getting a job, as easy as that, she responded with "Yeah, sure. I'm coming down now."


Alyssa walked into the offices, nervous. She honestly wasn't so sure about all of this. It seemed rather suspicious, but then again, nothing was as it seemed. "You were the woman I spoke to on the phone, right?" She asked.
Shauna smiled, "Yes, I am. And don't look so worried dear. I promise you won't end up like him." She motioned with her head to the skeleton in the corner, and laughed. Alyssa laughed too, more of a forced one though.


"Sorry, I'm just a little uneasy." She folded her arms, her left hand rubbing near her elbow. "I'm also confused about why you chose me." First Bonnie, now this woman. What was it with people and choosing Alyssa?
"Well, why wouldn't I choose you?" Shauna grinned. "You're a bright young woman, and I believe that you'll be able to start with us as soon as possible, if you choose a job with us, at least. Why don't you have a seat?" She asked, and sat behind her desk.


Alyssa sat down in the wooden chair, "I was half considering going into science, I used to play with a telescope when I was little, marking down star coordinates." She smiled, but was honestly envious of the chair Shauna was in. It looked so comfy and plushy. If she joined them, would she get a chair like that?
"I'm glad you were considering, and I would honestly be delighted if you did join us. See, here its not as much about making money, its more about sharing what we know, like a family." She smiled sadly, "And I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your parents. Why is it always the good that go first?" She frowned, closing her eyes and resting her head against the back of the chair.


Alyssa frowned, "I'd prefer it if this stayed simply business." She mumbled, not wanting to get into her family life (or the lacking of it) right now.
"Ah, yes, my apologies. Anyway, we're willing to do you a special offer. If you join us when you age up, you'll get a position straight away. I'm not saying its too much of a good one, however its better than what most people have to do. So, I'm offering you the choice of either going to college and joining us at a slightly higher position, or saving years of your life and joining us right now. Your own choice Alyssa." She smiled.
She thought about it for a long time, "I'll join you now, but I want to ask if there is room for promotion?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Always, especially for someone like you." She smiled softly.


Her birthday 'party' was more of just a mini gathering. Seeing as though Rosie and Connor were a little busy (they did stop by for a few minutes earlier to give her presents). When Tyler and Tallulah were talking, Alyssa gave Bonnie the Moon Stone. "I got it, and I wrapped it up just in case." She grinned. "I almost broke my nails, but I got it." She laughed a little.
Bonnie grinned, "Thank you so much Alyssa!" She was smiling almost from ear to ear, "You have no clue how much this means, and I got you a little something for your birthday too..." And she pulled out a present.


"Its a Spooky Day gnome. Me and Tyler saw it at the festival, and we both got it for you. Well, he suggested it. I thought it was a little weird, but he said that you had some random thing for gnomes." Bonnie explained.
Alyssa smiled, "Thanks, I love it." She grinned, but hearing Tyler's name honestly made her feel guilty. She had cheated on him. As long as she kept the memory of Matteo out of her mind, he would never know. Like she thought before, what isn't there he can't read.


Alyssa was about to blow out her candles, before she could talk to Tyler. Well, she didn't exactly want to talk to him until she could face him without feeling so guilty. She stepped forward to blow out her candles. She was excited about being an adult! No more school to bother with, and she already has a job lined up.


As she blew them out, it became harder and harder to not think about... That thing. She was almost chanting in her mind Don't think about it, Don't think about it. She managed to blow out the candles, Don't think about him. She took a step away from the cake, and watched as the sparkles surrounded her, like the embers on fireworks. Don't think about Matteo.
Then, she cracked and thought about him.


She didn't even think about a time when they were just talking. She thought about a moment when she kissed him, passionately as well. Then, the rest of her memories just came up too. She thought about how he called her 'Mon Belle' or 'Belle' for short. She thought about how sweet he was, and how he cared about her. Once all the memories were up, the only thing she could think about was how guilty she felt. 


The first look she got as an adult was a glare. It was obvious that Tyler saw her memories too. She frowned, regretting what she did now. She shouldn't have cheated, or even considered it. But, what's done it done, and there isn't all too much she can do about it.
"Alyssa, can I talk to you outside?" He asked, managing to keep the anger out of his voice.


It was freezing outside, which made Alyssa wish she aged up with a cardigan on or something. She felt awkward right now. Awkward and cold. Of course, this was her own doing though. If she had thought about what she was doing, or going to do... This conversation wouldn't happen. "Its weird how quickly it gets cold." She murmured, trying her hardest at making basic conversation.
"You cheated on me." He stated coldly, frowning. 


She took a step back, "Look, I didn't mean to-"
"Obviously you did, otherwise you wouldn't have done it Alyssa." He interrupted her, "Don't lie. The moment my back was turned, you went off and found some other guy." He glared, sure they hadn't been dating long, but she ruined any chance of a future.
She frowned, "It wasn't like that. I... He..." She tried to come up with something to say, but words weren't coming out of her mouth in proper sentences.


"Then what was it like? Because it seemed that way." He folded his arms. "As soon as I was gone, you moved on and made out with another guy." He glared.
"Tyler, I'm really sorry." She frowned. "If I could take it back, I would, but I can't." She did feel bad, but that last bit... That wasn't the full truth. She did feel bad, but she loved the feeling of someone caring about her so much, and even having a cute little name for her, Belle.
"I'm going to give you a choice, Belle." He said that name sourly,  "Its either me or him." He folded his arms, "If you choose me, then you're never seeing him again, and visa versa."


She looked away, frowning. "You can't expect me to just choose." She murmured, sighing. It wasn't that easy. She wanted them both, but she knew she couldn't have that.
"You should be able to, Alyssa. If you actually felt something for me-" He glared at her, but it was her turn to interrupt now.
She looked back at him. "I did feel something for you, and it hurts that you think I didn't. But now, I don't" She spoke coldly. 
"Then maybe its best that we're not together anymore." His voice was now ripped of emotion. He honestly thought that she would choose him.
"Maybe it is." She mumbled, looking away again.


She looked away as he left. She couldn't help but hate herself right not. She had made this happen, and she put herself in this situation. But, not all that had happened over the last few days was her fault. Her parents passing away wasn't her fault. Maybe she was guilty of cheating, but now, she wouldn't be. Alyssa knew what she was going  to do the next morning.
She was going to go back to France, and to see Matteo again, and no one could stop her.

Chapter 1.51 Moon Stone Retrieval et Au Revoir France                       
______________________________
AN: This is the end of Generation 1! *throws confetti* Ah, I can still remember when Erin was a brunette, and when Rosie was a toddler with her little side braid <3 Now I have my little Lyssie taking over.
But, a lot has happened in this chapter. I'll put up the known rolls for Generation 2 on the start of next chapter. So far, we only know her career though. The rest will all fall into place (somehow).
But lets hope the next nine generations go well!
Oh, and I lost all of my precious gems in an accident with saves. After recovering what I could, the gems were still lost :( At least it was an easy way of getting rid of them without deleting them (Seriously, they were taking up the house)
Also, I just want to bring to attention how girly Alyssa's scooter is. She bought one while in France (And I bought this one again once she lost that one): 
It looks like the kind Barbie would ride, if she had a scooter... Psch, Barbie isn't awesome enough for a scooter.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Alyssa...

    I don't really know what else to say, the way she dealt with that was abysmal and, really, she should have known she couldn't have them both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a selfish heiress, don't I?

      It was really bad of her, and she is selfish for wanting them both. But sometimes, you can't help but want both. Somewhere deep down, she does know how guilty she is.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the fact that she thought Tyler wouldn't find out, or that he would be okay with her having both is sad. But I am glad that Tyler stuck to his guns. Maybe now Alyssa will have some understanding she can't have everything she wants. And she can't use all of the unfortunate things that happened to her as an excuse.

    But I will say that she looks quite lovely as an adult. And I can only hope that she'll mature a bit with what happened with Tyler and learn from her mistakes. Although I fear it might take some more unfortunate happenings before she gets that lesson drilled into her...

    (Then again, I shouldn't talk. It's not like Erika would deal with not getting her way very well. At all. Like she might actually kill somebody >>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little bit sad, but she didn't want to deal with their breakup conversation. Unfortunately, some things just have to happen, and she can't use what happened to her as an excuse.

      She does make quite a pretty adult, and she will learn from her mistakes, eventually. She'll learn she made the wrong choice by cheating.

      (When you have a murderer as a heiress, you can't talk sweetie ;) At least mine didn't kill someone. That would have made a /very/ dramatic ending)

      Delete
  3. Alyssa is awesome. Lands a job as a teen, fixes the magicthing, and gets a new gnome. She's going through a lot right now, let her be a bit selfish. She's still very young. (And it's fun to read about).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa is pretty awesome, and at least her job is already taken care of before what I have planned for her. She is still really young, only just an adult, and she is going to be selfish (and a little boy crazy).

      Delete
  4. I'm with Alyssa. She's too young to have to pick just one. Let the world be your oyster darlin'. Go out and find yourself first before you settle on deciding the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Alyssa hasn't lost all her fans, and she's going to do a little bit of playing around before she properly settles down to just one guy.

      Delete
  5. Well, who can blame Tyler. She did cheat literally the very first opportunity she got. So much for fate and fireworks.

    Congrats on finishing Generation 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Alyssa did was bad, however that doesn't mean that all the fireworks just disappeared.

      Yay! I spent about 5 months on generation 1, so its awesome to feel as if something is complete.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on finishing generation 1!

    Poor Tyler. It must suck to be a telepath at that moment. And Alyssa has accomplished so much already! I can't wait to see what's in store for gen 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop! I just hope generation 2 isn't 52 chapters long...

      It would suck to find out she's been cheating from reading her mind. Alyssa did have quite a dramatic start, and I promise there'll forever be more.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on finishing this generation! Wow, so much stuff happened during this one. I wonder what we're in for in the upcoming ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More drama, more being spontaneous, more Alyssa running wild xD

      Delete