Wednesday 23 April 2014

Chapter 1.48 Fireworks

♪It's always been inside of you, you, you, and now it's time to let it through, 
'Cause, baby, you're a firework ♪


Alyssa however, decided to go trick or treating the night before the Halloween party, which was on Spooky Day. Of course, the usual people of Dragon Valley saw her outerwear as some sort of costume. Anyone from out of the village would have thought the blue man was the one dressing up!


Spooky Day honestly sounded awesome! Especially Trick or Treating! You go around, and ask people for candy, and if they don't give it to you, you egg their houses and there's nothing they can do about it. How fun. However, there are some people who didn't give just candy...


She didn't know where from, but she had picked up a rather creepy looking gnome... Maybe it had gotten word that she had a gnome petting zoo in her bedroom and wanted to join? Or maybe some people in Dragon Valley just didn't get Trick or Treating.


"I swear to God Lyss, what is it with you and all these creepy gnomes?" Tallulah asked, raising an eyebrow. "Its kinda weird..." She trailed off.
"I think they're quirky." Alyssa responded, in one of her costumes. She needed to look perfect for the party. "What about this one?"



She was dressed up as a princess. And yes, it did look nice, but it wasn't for Halloween. "I kinda like it." Alyssa smiled, "So, maybe Tyler would get that I'm his Princess." She grinned.
Tallulah shook her head. "Nuh uh. Not Princess. Maybe when you're seven or seventy, but not at our age. This is our one chance of dressing however we want, without anyone judging us." She grinned. "Don't go for formal. Go for something that shows off what you want to."
Nodding slowly, Alyssa left the room to get changed into her next costume.


Meanwhile, Tallulah was trying to figure out what she would wear. She was going to go as a fairy, certainly a fairy. She's always loved them, especially when she was younger. She used to play and pretend to be a fairy and honestly felt as if she had a strong connection to them, not like she would ever tell anyone. Maybe in another universe, she was one...?


"What about cheerleader?" Alyssa asked, coming back inside.
Once again, it was met by a headshake. "You're getting better, but I honestly can't picture you as a cheerleader. What's your last one?"
"Mermaid. I'll go try it on, but I'm not so sure about it." She went out of her bedroom, into the bathroom where all her costumes were.


"What do you think about mermaid?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.
Grinning, Tallulah nodded. "Perfect. Its just that right amount of slutty, but still an actual costume." She smiled in approval.
"Do you think Tyler will like it?" Alyssa asked, almost nervously.
"I'm positive that he'll love it." She grinned still.


A few hours after Tallulah left, Alyssa got a text saying that the party started early. She texted back saying she'd be there fairly soon, but it was kinda far away from where she lived.
"You know, there's nothing wrong with wearing clothes that go both below your knees, and that cover up your stomach." Alyssa was startled at the sound of her mother's voice.


"Not that I can exactly blame you. When I was younger, I wore stuff a lot more revealing than that." She smiled softly, seeing how grown up her daughter was. "One time, when I was about your age, all I wore was a headband of a skirt and two stickers." She laughed a little, only realizing now how bad that was. But, everything was different in the city. Gosh, its been so long since she was last there.


"Mom? I thought you were sick." She frowned, worried about her mom. "You shouldn't be spending too much time out of bed." Both Erin and Thomas were under the weather that day, but only she decided to spend the day in bed. He was still out and doing things like he was still a young adult.
"If your father can still be up and active, then I think I can at least stand up for a while to talk to my little girl." She half smiled, "Even though, my little girl isn't all so little anymore. She's closer to being an adult than she is little."


Alyssa frowned, honestly not wanting to leave her parents in the house alone tonight. Maybe it was just a few freaks from it being Spooky Day, or maybe it was something worse, but at the moment she didn't feel all too comfortable with it. "If you want, I can stay at home? I wouldn't even mind all that much." That was a lie, but she did want to stay with her parents. She hated being stuck in the middle like this.


Laughing a little, Erin shook her head. "No. I won't let you stay home. You go out and enjoy your party. Go have fun." She grinned, "But, I did hear you and Rosie talking about a boy when she was over." She raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, Tyler." Alyssa murmured. "He's just a friend." She smiled a little.
"If you ever think, even for a second he might be more than a friend, go for it. That's probably my only small regret. I was stupid enough to wait for love until I was certain. Sometimes, its good to be impulsive, so if you have any feelings for him, go for it." She smiled softly.


Alyssa hugged Erin tightly, a lot of teenagers were embarrassed by their parents, but Alyssa wasn't like most teenagers. "I love you Mom." She grinned.
"I love you too Princess." She smiled, biting back the tears. She couldn't cry, even though she really wanted to. "I love both you and Connor so, so much." She held her daughter close, and lowered her voice to a whisper, "You were both the two greatest things that have ever happened to me, and I'm so proud of you both." She then pulled away to look at Alyssa "But I'm especially proud of you, my little Lyssie." She smiled, "I know you're going to do something amazing with your life, and I know you're going to make both me and your dad proud, no matter what it is you do."


Alyssa frowned, and stayed in her room a few more minutes. If it was under any other circumstances, she would have helped her mom back to her room. But she couldn't help but feel a little plagued by her mother's words. It honestly felt as if she was saying goodbye in some ways. No, she couldn't be. She just couldn't be.With a heavy heart, and honestly not really in the mood now, Alyssa went out to the party. Even with her mom's fairly ominous words, she still said to go for things she wanted, and to be impulsive.
Well, Alyssa sure as hell knew how to be impulsive.


Later, at the party. Alyssa couldn't help but feel slightly uneasy at the fact Tallulah was dressed up as a fairy. "What? Its totally cute!" Was her excuse for it.
"So, when do you think I should ask him out?" She asked, nervous for more than just that reason. She couldn't escape the feeling that something bad was going to happen tonight.
"Not too early, or you'll seem desperate. Wait a while, have a drink, blow some bubbles." She grinned, and carried on dancing. "If it goes wrong, dance your troubles away."


"They have bubbles here?" Alyssa asked, finally realizing what that machine behind her was. "I think I'll probably just have one drink before talking to him. Remember what happened the last time?" She asked.
Tallulah grinned, "Yeah, you made out with him, and that lead to this which will probably lead to something else."
"Exactly." She said, only paying attention to the first part. "I made out with him, and it lead to confusion. So, drinking isn't the best thing."
"What's the worst one drink can do?" She grinned, "Its a party, have fun. Only the boring ones stay sober. Either blow some bubbles or get a drink. There's a massive table of nectars and stuff, try one of those."


"I suppose I should get used to nectars, with my trip to Champs les Sims around the corner and all." She grinned.
"I still can't believe school invited you to go. Its totally not fair." Tallulah pouted. "Get me back some fancy nectars and something special, okay?"
"Okay, I will." She smiled. "But for now, lets party!" She announced, and cheered. The two girls danced together until the song was over.


Alyssa looked at the drink in front of her for a while. She couldn't escape the bad feeling of that something wasn't right. Right now, she kinda wanted to be home, but Erin had told her to go out tonight. Her mom was a lot different than the others. Most would force their teenage daughters to stay in, her mom was forcing her to go out.


So, she drank. Like what Tallulah said, the anxiety will probably go away after having a few drinks. She didn't blow any bubbles though, she wanted to stay away from at least that kind of stuff. Apparently some bubbles make you hallucinate and see weird things. She didn't exactly want that. She just stayed with her cocktails. One turning to two, two turning to three, three turning to four, and four turning to many, many more.


She wasn't paying all too much attention to the time that had passed, she woke up to find herself outside, and with one of the nectar bottles and a solo cup. She copied the sound of the nectar going into the cup "Bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop." And she put the bottle down afterwards. Tonight hadn't gone like how she had hoped. She didn't talk to Tyler, and still doesn't know what it is that's between them.
"Hey, Little Mermaid." Speaking of the devil...


"Whenever I see you, I'm always drinking or angry." She mused, pouring more nectar into the bottle. "And now I'm both. Next time I'll be neither." She decided.
"That's nice to know Lyss." He frowned slightly, "What's the matter though? Is there something going on with your family?" He asked. and she nodded slightly. He moved and sat down in front of her. "Wanna talk about it?"


"My parents are both pretty old, and they were both ill today, so that's kinda bummed me out." She frowned, and took another drink from her cup. "I honestly just wanted to stay at home tonight, but my mom told me to come out."
"Your mom told you to go out partying?" He raised an eyebrow. "That's pretty awesome."
"Yeah, she's the best." She smiled sadly, and when the cup was empty she tossed it to the side, along with the empty bottle. "There's something else that's been bothering me too."
"What?" He asked.


"I want to know what it is between us." She looked down at her knees, not wanting to make eye contact. "I mean, are we together? Are we not?" She asked, frowning. Why were relationships so complicated? She wasn't even in one and it was already confusing.
"I-I don't know Alyssa." He shrugged. "I mean, do you want to be?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
She knew the answer. Yes. "I don't know." She shrugged back, sighing slightly.


"Look, its getting kinda late, I should get going." He murmured, standing up. It hurt a little that she was the one that brought it up, but her answer wasn't a yes. Did she mainly bring it up as a 'no hard feelings' thing?
"Wait, can you help me up?" She held her arms out. "I can't really stand up all too well with my tail." She half smiled.
"Fine, but only because you make a cute mermaid." He grinned at her, helping her up.


His arms went around her waist, and he managed to help her up "You alright?" He asked.
She smiled, "I'm fine." She looked up into his eyes. Even though they were surrounded by ridiculous skeleton face paint, they were still the same midnight blue. Her eyes went down to his lips, and back up to his eyes again. They were there staring into each other's eyes, and then...


Fireworks.
This time, it was a real first kiss, and not just some drunken impulse (even though she was a little tipsy). This time, it felt more magic. She moved her hands from her side once she was more comfortable with the kiss, as her racing heartbeat started to slow down slightly.


She managed to stand up better, keeping the kiss going. It probably sounded insane, but she knew there was something special between him and herself. Fate perhaps? Well, most of her life has been controlled by magic and fate, could she really be blamed for thinking that? The buzzing of her cell phone interrupted the kiss.


"So, does this mean we're together?" She grinned, ignoring the person trying to call her.
"You bet it does." He grinned back, finding a hint of cockiness. Alyssa's phone kept on buzzing and ringing. "I think you should answer that."
She sighed, and looked at her phone. She had dozens of missed calls from Rosie, and texts from Connor telling her to come home. She felt her heart and stomach drop reading all the texts. "I'm sorry, I really have to go. I'll call you before I go to France, alright?" She forced a smile, and swiftly went back home.


When she walked in, she saw Rosie was upset, and Connor looked like he had just came from work. Alyssa looked at both of her older siblings in turn, before asking, "What happened?" It honestly could have been anything. Did Rosie lose the baby? Was one of the dogs hit by a car? She looked around to try and see where her parents were, and found it unsettling that she couldn't see them. It couldn't be...
Connor stood up, while Rosie was still crying. He went over to Alyssa, not even registering what she was wearing.


Alyssa still tried to look around for Erin and Thomas, not seeing them anywhere in the room.
"Alyssa? There's something we really need to tell you." It was obvious that Connor was upset too, but he seemed a lot more collected than Rosie.
"What is it?" She bit her lower lip, still glancing around the main room. She didn't like the tension in here, it was weird both her brother and sister being so upset. She's never seen Rosie cry, and now she was sobbing on the couch.
"Something bad happened to mom." He murmured quietly, frowning.
"And dad." Rosie chipped in, and Alyssa got that sinking feeling again, even worse than last time.

Chapter 1.47 The Grand Plan                                                                                  
______________________________
AN: The lyrics at the start were Firework by Katy Perry (even though you probably already knew that). Thank you to Sunny for her solo cup and nectar bottle that were used in some of the poses up there.
I couldn't stop crying while writing part of this, mostly because I know what's going to happen. I just couldn't help but get upset.
I also realized that my game hates clubs and all the little animations that comes along with it. Probably not all too many parties at clubs then, based on my poor game can't take it.
Hah... I'm in a bad mood now from what's going to happen next and just life stuff. I'm just gonna go sit in a corner and think for a while.

10 comments:

  1. Noooo! What did you do to Erin and Thomas? Their generation isn't even over yet! This was a heart-wrenching chapter and I really can't stand the wait to find out what happens next. Please get the next chapter out soon!

    By the way, I'm as ever amazed at the speed in which you get chapters up. I still haven't even gotten the pictures for my next chapter yet... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not what I've done m'dear, it's what time has done. Alyssa's an adult in about three days, so its very almost over, and she gets to take charge.

      I'm mostly speedy because I have these two weeks off, and my chapters are usually scene based so its usually about 20-30 chapter which are all around-ish the same place. The writing is usually fairly easy too.

      Delete
  2. Fast update. (Not that I'm complaining) Aw, Thomas and Erin, what happened? You already said it would end sadly, but it's still sad. (But Connor is so cute in his uniform)
    It's really cute that Alyssa was afraid to tell Tyler how she felt. He can read minds after all. It's a cute chapter. And sad.
    Not to mention it's impressing that you got Alyssa trick or treating. Never worked in my games, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Bows* Thank you, and if you did mind then screw you. :P
      You'll find out next chapter what happened, and I'll explain why I did it in the next one. And Connor is still in his uniform next chapter too.
      Cute and sad, that was what I was going for. And she was mostly scared because its a big thing, and she didn't know how to say it.
      It sometimes just pops up for me, and when it did, I leaped for it. I needed to get the Evil Mr Gnome, and luckily I got it fairly quickly

      Delete
  3. Oh no! They're dead aren't they? Please say it's from old age and not from anything worse...

    The party was good, I liked the way Alyssa was dancing around the subject of their relationship, but what a comedown from the kiss to this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... You'll find out about what happened in the next chapter.

      I'm glad you liked the party. It was a pain in the a$$ for me to shoot though. My game kept freezing probably from overload of all the little animations.
      It is quite a comedown, but I'll explain why this had to happen soon.

      Delete
  4. The evil gnome!!! Mariah brought one home from trick or treating. That thing is creeeeeeepy. It'll also mess with your sims. lol. So watch out for him. ;)

    Lol at Madison feeling a strong connection to fairies. Yup yup yup!

    Alright Alyssa. Time to stop needing the liquid courage to be able to talk to Tyler. lol

    Oh, oh oh oh oh...no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as that thing doesn't set the house on fire or break anything, I think I'll be alright. (I'll probably make everything unbreakable, just to stick it to the little gnome)

      Hehe, I was wondering what she could go as, and thought "Hey, why not bring her back to her roots?"

      The wizard seems to have ran out of courage for her (damn lion) so she'll have to get her's through alcohol. She kinda reminds me of Raj off the Big Bang Theory. She needs alcohol to talk to boys, lol.

      :( Oh no.

      Delete
  5. Why would the people in Dragon Valley think her outerwear was a costume?

    LOL @ gnome petting zoo!

    ...can't picture her as a cheerleader? That's funny, considering she's a "popular girl".

    I'd say she was more than 'a little tipsy', based on how many drinks it said she had a few paragraphs up, and that she "woke up" to find herself finishing off a bottle of nectar. So that kiss was probably a drunken impulse after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a family who look like they're avatars, and most of the people are slightly pink/yellow/green. Need I continue?

      It is a little petting zoo, right now they all have a room to themselves.

      Nah, she didn't look good as a cheerleader. That bit was also me experimenting which looks worked on her, and even though I loved the Princess one, it was too nice for a party :(

      That's our Lyssie though :D she's usually drunk when she talks to Tyler, but don't let that mistake you. They are properly together now.

      Delete