Thursday 24 April 2014

Chapter 1.49 Alone

"I don't get it, what's happened?" Alyssa asked, starting to get worried.


Connor had only just noticed what his little sister was wearing, "How about you get changed and then we'll tell you." It was more of an order than a request.
"No. Tell me now." She frowned, "What happened to mom and dad?" She asked, looking up at him.


"Once you get changed, then I will." He repeated, "Now go upstairs." He folded his arms, obviously not going to change his mind.
Alyssa was a mix of angry, frustrated, confused, worried and upset. She lunged at her brother, but he managed to hold her back. "Tell me what has happened!" She yelled, and she struggled at she tried to fight him.


"Alyssa. Stop it." He managed to keep his little sister from attacking him, but he couldn't help but wonder, had she been drinking? 
This was stupid. Why should she need to get changed just to know? Was he putting off saying something? "Just tell me now." She growled.
"Alyssa, just go upstairs, and get changed. Then, we'll talk to you." Rosie stood up, folding her arms. Alyssa could see that she had been crying.
"Fine." She mumbled, and walked upstairs.


Sighing, Connor sat down on the couch. "I really hope my daughter doesn't end up like this." He mumbled. He honestly didn't think something like this would happen so soon. Yes, his mom was an elder now, but only just.
Rosie was sat down on the couch next to him, "You know she won't. I mean, with your job, that kind of stuff is always around the corner, but I'm sure nothing bad will happen." She half smiled reassuringly, her hand was wavering slightly. They were still just as close as ever, but she honestly felt as if she wouldn't be all too good at comforting. "Besides, Sabrina will always be there, and she'll have her younger cousin too." She smiled.


It took Connor a moment before it clicked. Rosie had a newborn daughter, he remembered Sabrina told him before he left to work. "You know, if you want to go home and be with your family, I'd understand. I'd be able to tell Alyssa on my own." He glanced over at her.
She shook her head, her hand finally going over his. "You saw how Alyssa reacted just when you told her to go upstairs and get changed. I'm fairly sure that you need me here to tell her this." She smiled ever so slightly.


"What's her name?" Connor asked, half smiling. "Your daughter, Sabrina didn't tell me." He cleared up, just in case she didn't get what he meant.
"Elvira. Liam chose the name. It was his mom's name." She smiled slightly back. The fact that his psychopathic sister had that name didn't factor into it. Someone's personality shouldn't poison the name.


This was stupid. Why did she have to get changed before they told her what was the matter? If it was sooo important, why couldn't they tell her while she was dressed like this? She sighed, annoyed and got changed into what her siblings would think she slept in. (She really only slept in her underwear, its comfier that way.)


After she got changed, she was about to head downstairs when she heard a bit of their conversation. "I'm fairly sure that you need me here to tell her this." Was all she heard her sister say. Then, something clicked. in the back of her mind...


She remembered her mom's words to her earlier that night, or last night. She wasn't so sure if it was still Spooky Day or not. But, the way she spoke, it was as if she was saying goodbye. Wait, was she? No, she couldn't have been. Surely, that wasn't it. Maybe her mom was just reminding her of all that stuff, maybe her mom was just trying to make her feel better, and build up her confidence.


Her mom said a speech that was like a goodbye, her brother was putting off telling her what was wrong, her sister was crying, and both of her parents were sick earlier that day... When realization hit her, she honestly felt sick and she felt her heart stop.
That was why her mom encouraged her to go out that night, that was why she didn't want her around. This couldn't be happening right now, surely this wasn't happening, but it was. That was the reason why she couldn't see her mom or dad when she walked in.
Her parents weren't here anymore. 



She ran downstairs, scared and feeling sick. Even though she thought her legs would give way at any given moment, she still managed to run. She ran past her parent's room, and what used to be her mom's room and went straight downstairs to where her brother and sister were.


"T-They're gone, aren't they?" She whispered once she was downstairs again. Both Rosie and Connor stayed quiet. "Well?" She asked, her voice staying quiet.
"I'm sorry Lyss." Connor murmured, and Rosie went back to crying. "They've been sick for a while, they just didn't know. One of the forensics did a autopsy and they passed within an hour of each other."
"So, at least they didn't have to go all too long without the other." Rosie whispered.


She broke down, and started to cry. This couldn't be happening. This could not be happening. She couldn't be an orphan! Well, technically Rosie and Connor were too, but it was different for them. They were adults, and Alyssa was still a teenager. Its not fair! She knew she should have stayed home that night, maybe she could have made it all better? But what would the hope of that have been?
Her sobbing was the only sound until morning.


Unfortunately, neither Connor or Rosie could stay forever at the family home (even though Alyssa's the only occupant now). He had to leave first.
"If you need me to stay over tonight, I will." He murmured, hugging her before he had to go back home.
"I've got my trip to Champs les Sims, I leave at about half eight, so you don't have to come over." She half smiled. "Mom said she was proud of us." She half smiled, and she could tell that Connor was really upset.
"I know she's proud of us, and we'll make sure she stays proud of us." He smiled sadly, and after a while longer of hugging, he left.


Alyssa went inside to say goodbye to her big sister. She asked and said similar things to Connor. If she ever needed someone to stay the night, or if she ever wanted to come over...
Alyssa pulled away slightly, almost forgetting to tell her sister what Bonnie had told her a while ago, "I found it." She whispered.
"Found what?" Rosie asked, frowning. She moved a few strands of hair out of Alyssa's face, "If you want, you can move in with me. It'll be a little noisey with a newborn, but the offer stands."
"The vampire sunscreen." She smiled, and then shook her head at Rosie's request. "Daddy put a lot of work into this house, and I don't want someone else living here and ruining it. I don't mind being alone." She half smiled.


"You found it? What do you mean? Where is it?" She asked, fairly eagerly.
"I don't have it on me, but I found the recipe. Its any gem and any insect. You have to be kinda good at alchemy to make it though." Alyssa explained, and Rosie nodded.
"Thank you, so, so much." She smiled, albeit still sadly. "Have fun in France, it'll be good to get away from here."
And after a little while of talking still, Rosie left too.


Alyssa looked around her house, the place where she grew up. Once upon a time, the house was full. Erin would be playing an instrument in her music room, Connor would probably be with one of the dogs. Rosie would be playing along with Erin, though not as well, and Thomas would be in the home gym. And little Alyssa would be with the doll house, that was once Rosie's. But now?
She's all alone.


She glanced down at the dogs, who as well seemed a little out of sorts. Did they know too what had happened? She sighed softly, her eyes staying on the only others living in this house. "I'm gonna start packing, will you guys be okay?" She asked, and she went upstairs without an answer.


Unknown to Alyssa, she wasn't fully alone. A rather guilty ghost was stood by the stairs. It was strange being a ghost. You can walk through walls, and possess things, but apart from that, there's not much else. The ghost of Erin mostly felt guilty for leaving her teenage daughter on her own. At least she had managed to say goodbye. Still, she felt pretty bad. She'd never properly meet any of her boyfriends, or watch her get married or if she ever had any children, they wouldn't have their grandparents.


"She's brave you know. I'm sure she'll be okay without us." Ghost Thomas murmured, taking Erin's hands. He could tell she was feeling guilty, and he was too. But it could have been worse. At least they didn't leave her when she was a child, and she was almost an adult too.
"I still feel bad though." She frowned, "But at least we're together still." She smiled sadly, and moved forwards to kiss him.


"Together forever. Literally." He smiled, "Are you sure you won't just get sick of me after a while?" He raised an eyebrow.
She shrugged, "Maybe, if I do I can just find some hot stud to haunt." She teased. "But I don't think I'll get sick of you any time soon." She smiled.


"If you do, could you just tell me instead of running? It took me almost one lifetime to get you to settle down, I don't need to do that again."
She laughed, "I promise I won't run, at least not this century." She grinned, and after one more kiss, she whispered, "I love you."
"I love you too." He smiled back at her, and they faded away again, mostly so Alyssa wouldn't hear them. They didn't need to be the two that let everyone know that ghosts were real.

Chapter 1.48 Fireworks                                                            
______________________________
AN: Bittersweet ending. I guess I have some explaining to do about why I killed them both at once.
See, this kind of filters in with my beliefs with love and death. I believe that you die around the same time as the person you're supposed to be with, so you don't have to spend all too long without the other person. As for why they're both in their adult clothes as ghosts (for anyone that noticed) I also believe that you're seen as the way others remember you best.
It'll still be generation 1 until Alyssa becomes an adult, so, yeah. She'll be alone for the next couple of chapters. I made her be alone, because otherwise Thomas would have died on her birthday, and that's not a very good birthday present. And Erin would have died the day after so that birthday present would be both bad and late.
However, because this has been a sad chapter, here's a picture of the freezer bunny gnome on a llama. I only just realised the white thing wasn't his grin, but his beard. Ha.


11 comments:

  1. *cries* bye bye Erin & Thomas, I hope Alyssa copes on her own.

    I am slightly confused by one part of your explanation, how did you know the days the two of them would have died?

    I like the touch of the ghosts being adults instead of elders :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll just have to cope on her own, at least she's almost an adult now.

      Ah, I guesses by when their age bars would be full. I've never really had all too much experience with elders, so I just assumed.

      I didn't like the way they looked as elders, it didn't suit them. Besides, I think they'd better remember each other as adults, the way they were most of their lives rather than just a couple of days.

      Delete
    2. Ah, elders don't automatically die when their age bar fills up, the game does a random roll every day past that to decide if they'll die, I think the last elder in my game who died lasted about 10 days past that

      Delete
    3. Oh, I thought they just went like that, kind of like how they always force age up at like 7 at night, I thought it would be like that. I've never really lived through a game to see an elder pass on.
      Ah well, I'd rather write their deaths other than the game doing it for me.

      Delete
  2. Those last pictures of Thomas and Erin as ghosts were cute, but I'm still sad that they're gone. Poor Alyssa is all alone now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the ghosty pictures. I was going to make this a whole backstory-ish chapter, but I couldn't find the right poses
      Alyssa's all alone in a house made for five.

      Delete
  3. :( :( :(

    RIP Thomas and Erin.

    And I'm with Ali. My sims rarely die when their age bar is full, even with Twallan's mods in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :(
      I just assumed that they would go when their bars are full, and I wanted them to go together, instead of apart.

      Delete
  4. That was sad, but still cute with them beeing together as ghosts.
    And poor Alyssa is all alone in a big house, with two dogs. And a scary gnome. Atleast Connor is still cute in his uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be literally together forever.
      There are three dogs, but they were all running riot while I was trying to shoot pictures. I think I may get rid of the dogs soon though...
      Its weird seeing him in not his normal clothes, but he does look fairly good in a uniform.

      Delete
  5. Kinda funny, Rosie thinking how her and Connor are "as close as ever" yet he doesn't even remember she has a kid or her kid's name.

    I'm with Alyssa, it's lame that they made her change her clothes before giving her news like that. I'm pretty sure I've never not been told about a death in the family because what I was wearing was more important.

    Were they even old enough to have died?
    Ah, no. Soooo....you just killed them? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete