Friday 25 April 2014

Chapter 1.50 Bonjour Champs les Sims!

Alyssa breathed in the French air, basked in the sunlight.


She looked out across at the beautiful little village, hoping the see the world, outside of her home. It wasn't that she didn't love home, but with the recent death of both her parents, she needed some time away. That, and she had important stuff to do here.


One of her best friend and boyfriend had told her that she had to go and get the moon stone, in order to get the moon back in its proper cycle, instead of being stuck in one phase. But before that, she had other things she needed to do...


Champs les Sims was a really pretty town, and Alyssa even got a free motor scooter too! (Well, rented of course). She wasn't allowed to rent a car, because of her age, but she would honestly prefer the scooter, and it wasn't that hard to drive, especially not after learning how to not crash or abruptly stop.


It was a beautiful building, really. But all Alyssa could focus on was the gnomes that were inside there. She would have to be stealthy and quick, as she knew the gnomes moved often, and that if someone saw her, she'd be in trouble. It wasn't like they were one of a kind, but still.
"You know, a pretty girl like you shouldn't be on her own." She heard a voice, it was obviously a local, as the accent was a thick French one.


He approached her, and Alyssa half smiled at him, "Trust me, I'll be fine on my own." She sighed, "I have to get used to solitude." She attempted to turn away, but he grabbed her hand.
"You are not from here, I presume?" He asked, taking by her odd accent. He seemed confused for a moment, then asked "Puis-je vous faire visiter?"


Blinking, Alyssa said "I don't speak French. I came here for a holiday." She smiled, partially embarrassed. "I didn't read up on the language, sorry."
"Oh, right. May I show you around?" He translated, smiling at her. "I'm Matteo by the way."
"I'm Alyssa, but I think I'll be alright on my own around the art gallery. Maybe we could meet up again later?" She suggested.
Grinning, he nodded, "I would like that, mon chéri. How about we meet here, later tonight?" He smiled at her.
"Sure, I'll meet you here." She grinned.


Alyssa walked into the gallery, thinking about her sort of date tonight. Was it a date? She wasn't so sure. Whatever it was, she should make sure Matteo knows that she has a boyfriend, Tyler. She didn't want to turn into the kind of girl she hated.
Then again, Matteo was a French guy.


After walking inside and up a flight of stairs, she glanced down the corridor. Nope, not there. But she had better look further.
Her mind was preoccupied with her French boy. Would it be really all too bad? Just one little date? Its a whole different place, for crying out loud! Surely, there won't be any repercussions of anything that might happen here.


It amazed Alyssa how the museum was empty. Did people not bother about these precious artifacts? Or were there other things to see in France?
She hated how most of her mind was plagued with a way of seeing Matteo without Tyler knowing. It couldn't be too difficult, right? All she had to do was to not think about him when she was with Tyler again.
"My oh my, I've gone boy crazy." She murmured to herself, grinning.


So many corridors in this place, it was huge! She had to be here, then go to the nectar garden to get a bottle for Tallulah as a present, and then she needed to retrieve the moon stone. The true reason of why she actually came here. She didn't come here to meet any boys, or even consider cheating.


Perfect. All three of them were here. The French gnome, the Egyptian gnome (from Al Simhara) and the Chinese gnome (from Shang Simla). After glancing both ways, Alyssa took all three of them. These were her presents to herself for doing this, and going to all the trouble.


It wasn't exactly stealing because she left some gems in place of where the gnomes were. It was more trading, (although an unfair trade). After the little swap was done, she went to the nectary.


"Bonjour." Alyssa greeted, using the only word of French she actually knew. She thinks it meant 'Hello' or something along those lines. She didn't quite have the accent down though.
"Bonjour mademoiselle, puis-je vous aider?" He asked, not paying all too much attention to her confused reaction.


"I kinda don't know all too much French. In English please?" She smiled, trying not to be all too rude.
"May I help you?" He asked, then looked her up and down, "You are over the age limit, aren't you?"
She nodded, "Yeah, I am. And I was wondering if I could buy some nectar." She grinned. "For myself and as a present for a friend." She explained.


After looking at all the nectars, she wasn't impressed. "Is there anything else?" She asked.
The salesman, Gustave as she later learned was his name, replied "The nectar on display isn't our best. For the best, you may want to check downstairs."
"Downstairs? Am I allowed?" Alyssa asked, just to double check. With a nod from him, she smiled "Great, I'll go look."


Once in the basement, Alyssa approached the purple dive pool with caution. The bright purple colour of it honestly discouraged her, but she had to gain at least a little culture and adventure here, right?


Getting soaked obviously wasn't worth it, even if she did find really good nectar, perfect even. She went back to base camp, to get ready for her 'date' with Matteo. She was honestly excited about it, but she knew she had to mention about Tyler. She couldn't be a cheater, that wasn't the person she was.


"I am happy you met me here, mon Belle." Matteo smiled, his hand moving up to her cheek. "I was honestly worried you wouldn't come. Someone with limited time here may not want to spend so much time with the locals."
"Belle?" She asked, and shook her head, "No, my name is Alyssa." She corrected, "And I'd be happy to spend the evening with you, as long as we don't have a snail eating contest." She teased, grinning.
"You really don't know French, do you?" He laughed a little, "Mon Belle means my beautiful." He explained, and Alyssa tried to keep the blush away. Even though it was wrong, she didn't want to mention about Tyler. She was happy being called beautiful.


They went to a fancy restaurant. Luckily they had food Alyssa was familiar with, and there was the English underneath the menu name.
After a while of casual conversation, she thought it would be best to bring up the subject of Tyler. "Look, there's something I need to tell you."
"Yes, mon Belle?" He asked, wondering what she had to say. Surely whatever it may be, it couldn't be all too important.
"I have a boyfriend back home, his name is Tyler." She bit her lower lip.


"So, there is nothing here?" He asked, frowning. So much for not important. The first pretty girl to come to France, she has a boyfriend.
"Not exactly." She smiled, "See, I'm usually not this kind of girl, in fact I hated my sister for doing this, but you're cute, fun, and incredibly smooth." She grinned, and not to mention he was French. Had she thought that already?


Matteo was very confused at this moment in time. If she was already with someone, why was she complimenting him? "Belle, I'm not so sure if I understand..." He frowned. "Do you want to be with both me and him?" He asked.
Alyssa smiled, "Only if you can keep it a secret." She winked.

Chapter 1.49 Alone                                     
______________________________
AN: Sorry if the start bit was a tidbit long.
Also, for the record, I don't know French. All I know how to say is what my name is and I'm eight years old. (Obviously, only one bit of that is useful now, and I'm not still eight.) So, all of this French came from Google Translate. If I got anything wrong, please correct me. Estudio esponol en mi instituto, y no hay espana en el Sims de tres. (I study spanish in my school, and there isn't Spain in the Sims 3).
Once the misc fun and family structure is revealed for Alyssa's generation, I hope it'll become clear why she's cheating (or at least greatly considering it)

12 comments:

  1. Tut tut, naughty Alyssa... Not sure how she's going to keep that from Tyler given he can read minds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is naughty (literally, she has that reputation now) and that's for her to somehow figure out somewhere down the line.

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering about the "unfair" trade of gems for gnomes. Alyssa feels the gnomes are more valuable?
    Oh boy crazy Alyssa! Let her have some fun. But be careful with your mind around Tyler then. Just as long as Matteo isn't going to interrupt the moonstone hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she sees the gnomes as a lot more valuable than the gems. I honestly wish I could have gotten rid of some of her gem dust. She has a lot.

      She'll just have to try and put her memories of Matteo far from her mind when she's back home with Tyler, and it sure as hell won't interrupt the moonstone hunt

      Delete
  3. Yeah, she does remember that Tyler can read minds, right? I can't imagine this one going well. Although, maybe if things go bad she'll finally realize there are consequences to her actions. She doesn't seem to really understand that all too well yet.

    But I am happy to see her expanding her gnome collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe Alyssa will learn that actions have consequences. (Thinking about it now, she will eventually learn that, actually, she'll learn it fairly soon)

      I think I need a shelf or something. She has a lot of gnomes, and not all too much space. I think I'll need to sell some of the little trinkets she has in her room to make space for all the gnomes.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I'm suspecting a Couple (or variation of it) + Half-sibs roll. But even so, Alyssa isn't being fair towards Tyler. And if Matteo is considering having a relationship (or whatever it is) with her when he does know she has a boyfriend, then he is also in the wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not giving away the rolls just yet, but you are on the right lines.
      They are both in the wrong, but Alyssa sees it as not exactly cheating because its far away. There will be repercussions for her actions though, don't worry

      Delete
  5. Oh my! Whirlwind vacation romance is justified if he's okay with keeping it quiet huh? Oh Alyssa. You really railed out your sister just because you'd suspected she might have been enjoying herself with another than her husband. And even you realize you hate that kind of thing. Why even toy with it then? I kind of hope it doesn't come back to bite her in the rear end too soon though. Sometimes, when you're young, you need to explore and see what else is out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I've got a little hypocrite as my heiress, haven't I? You're right though, sometimes you have to play with these things before you realize how wrong it is. Maybe she thought too harshly of what she thought her sister was doing. Fit guys are the worst kind of temptation.

      Unfortunately, little Lyssie is gonna have a bite on her butt...

      Delete
  6. So much for Tyler being "fate"! If it weren't for the fact that Tyler's a telepath, I'd say she could have some fun, but maybe that's not a great idea, lol.

    Google Translate is _awful_ at translation. Fortunately I don't know French either, so I don't know any better, hehe. Tambien estudie espanol in la universidad. But I forgot most of it already. I do remember how to say I love french fries though; that's all that matters :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea or not, its the more fun thing to do.

      I know Google Translate is awful. It translates word by word instead of phrases.
      Tu gustan patatas fritas? Me gusta patatas fritas!
      Tengo un examination en español mañana a la nueve y cuarto. Que aterrador! Pero, hablo de mi instituto así es no difícil.

      Delete